Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 crx si that should weigh 1800lbs or less with driver. What do you guys think of this setup?

B16a
ITR cams
ITR intake manifold
ITR intake valves
ITR valve springs/retainers
JDM ITR header
Ys1 tranny
chipped PR3
12:1 CR
Portflow head (valve job, port, polishing...)

I think this would rip...let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Crxtasy said:
I have an 89 crx si that should weigh 1800lbs or less with driver. What do you guys think of this setup?

B16a
ITR cams
ITR intake manifold
ITR intake valves
ITR valve springs/retainers
JDM ITR header
Ys1 tranny
chipped PR3
12:1 CR
Portflow head (valve job, port, polishing...)

I think this would rip...let me know what you guys think!

...i may be a 12s car.....or it may fly with stock shocks and spring. .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Currently i'm building a B16A for my CRX.
My Goal is about 175-200Hp at the wheels, Normally Aspirated.
Dont get me wrong, it will cost a bucket load of cash, a lot of time and planning, but it can be done.

With ITR cams, you will not get optimum performance. I recomend either JUN/TODA/CROWER (63402) cams.

You should perhaps look into fabricating individual throttlebodies
rather than using a plennum type manifold.

You'd also need to go aftermarket springs and TI retainers if you're planning on revving past the factory 8200redline, and you would probably want to if you were to take full advantage of the extra power a set of hot cams would make, with superior flow and mixture atomisation the porting would provide.

Once you begin to plan things, combinations become complex.
Hope this helped some

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
good luck... thats funny though how your goal is 200 hp and thats what i have stock...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
read the sig

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
SoFlaGS-T said:
good luck... thats funny though how your goal is 200 hp and thats what i have stock...
why come on our board to talk shit on people if u dont have something contructive to say dont say it...
as for teh ITR shit get better cams why not go with after market shit for it since ur spending money on it doit right the first time

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
SoFlaGS-T said:
Big deal, my sister drives a GS-T. 210 hp stock at the fly in a HEAVY ass car. only good for about a 15.0 quarter. They turn for shit too.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
take out the itr cams & intake manifold and replace it with crower stage 3 cams & jg intake manifold

·
Registered
217 Posts
ya, about using those stage 3 (i would use skunk2 or jun by the way) dont you have to do some major fine tuning and make redline at like 9k to get good power out of those....what do you guys think would be the best redline for this setup (like at what RPM does the power curve start to drop? and how much higher should the RPMs go with stage 3 skunks???

skunk2 stage 2 cams/polished/ported/springs/retainers/valves

·
Registered
877 Posts
theres no doubt jdm stuff is good quality...... but i would almost feel dumb getting it..... its sooooo overpriced cause its the "thing to have" right now..... i think it'll get cheaper like pokemon cards, and any other fad....... there are much better perf parts for much cheaper out there...... je pistons..... crower cams..... etc..... but if you wanna go all jdm than do it...... if you can't do what you want with your car, then why have it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts