Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sol put out White smoke??? :( Does that mean it the coolant or the head gasket? The car near over heat or pass half way. But after a while driving it goes a way. :bash

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
nbboy7 said:
i never change a head gasket on a dual over head. i have on a single.

its the same thing..dohc or sohc. same procedure just different way to remove it.

when did this start and did you do anything to the car before it started happening. if i was you i would figure out if it is the problem before ripping the head off

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
check your dipstick, or change the oil. notice any moisture, different color? if you pull the drain plug, watch for any coolant/moisture to come out. check your coolant reservoir for any oil?
i thought white was trans, blue was oil, black was too rich?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i add a lil oil be fore the smoke. I install the motor not to long ago and the head gasket has a small leak and got a lil worst when the top half of the tranny was wet. i was planning to replace it any way so most likly it the head gasket right?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
ksniperfox said:
check your dipstick, or change the oil. notice any moisture, different color? if you pull the drain plug, watch for any coolant/moisture to come out. check your coolant reservoir for any oil?
i thought white was trans, blue was oil, black was too rich?
white is coolant, blue is oil, and black is rich, pink is... :hehe

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i was driving for like 4 hour to day to to fast just the speed limit, no smoke but when i was heading home on the hwy i push the car just a lil bit and it started to smoke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.