Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm getting ready to pull out of a parking lot and i'm waiting behind a maxima se(late model, not exactly sure what year, but newer) and he's on his cel phone and passed up 6-7 oppertunities to pull out and i was getting impatient. when he finally pulls out, he takes the outside and i take the inside lane. when i work my way beside him he looks at me and romps on it. and i'm like what a dumbass, the light is red up ahead. so we pull up to it, him heavy on his breaks cuz he was haulin ass. and when the light changes i get a clean launch and every time i shift i pull on him, he had a stick cuz i could see his front end dip when he shifted. by the time i get to 60, i let off and i'm like 2 1/2 bus lengths ahead. i'm thinking he should have been faster cuz the late model maxima's are pretty quick, i guess he couldn't drive it while on the phone, ha ha. again, i'm not condoning street racing, just sharing a story.

·
Registered
32 Posts
those sols are a lot smaller then the maxima too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sol's r lighter but i would think the horsepower to weight ratio should be somewhat comparable. i used the link below for reference, 3467lbs at 265 horsepower(not sure if thats whp or crank hp), that comes to 13.08hp per pound. i've never dyno'd my sol but it came with 135hp and with my mods i'm thinking it should now be around 170hp and at 2700lbs that comes to 15.88hp per pound. so i think the maxima should hold it's own even with no mods. i was beat by an 04 altima v-6 when i just had my cai and pilot muffler. i wasn't beaten badly(1/2 car length from a stop to 60mph), but beaten non the less.

http://www.modernracer.com/nissanmaxima.html

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The Z6 comes with like 125 crank HP and your now probally making around 130 ish WHP. I think the Maxima driver wasnt really trying that hard being on the phone and all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Those Maxi's are quick and shouldn't be taken lightly. They run mid to high 14's pretty easily. I dont think he was trying, no way your pulling bus length's especially to 60 where all the VQ's torque is made.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
97ACCRD said:
Those Maxi's are quick and shouldn't be taken lightly. They run mid to high 14's pretty easily. I dont think he was trying, no way your pulling bus length's especially to 60 where all the VQ's torque is made.

i did pull bus lengths, my point is i was surprised about it given the maxima's spec's.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
92HondaCivic said:
The Z6 comes with like 125 crank HP and your now probally making around 130 ish WHP. I think the Maxima driver wasnt really trying that hard being on the phone and all.

until i dyno, it's only speculation, besides if u read the specs given here in superhonda, it's 135hp for the z6 del sol si

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
not doubting you.....but bus lengths.. :confused something was off, either his driving, or his car. not saying you couldn't win, but should've been a closer run that that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i think he was on the phone and got angry with u so pulled out so u could go buy and u floor it and he prolly laughed and was making fun of you to who ever he was on the phone with
sorry but the car would of beat u if he tried at all

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
killer B said:
not doubting you.....but bus lengths.. :confused something was off, either his driving, or his car. not saying you couldn't win, but should've been a closer run that that.

that's was my thinking from the beginning. i did hear him spool up his motor before the light changed, so i know he was ready, but i should not have been able to pull on a maxima like that??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.