Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just got a stainless steel muffller put in, i already have a 2.5inch exhaust. my car is a civic 5th gen. vti.

my prob is its way too loud. its annoying. its deep exhaust note but its annoying.
the muffler never came with a silencer. and i dont think its made for one.
my cousin said he got another small muffler underneath his car to lower the sound. can i do that to mine. when i look underneath the car, i can see the catalyctic converter, and after the cat, is a nother object. it is kinda the same shape. its between the exhaust and the cat.

my cousin said he has 2 small mufflers, can i get one for me. and if i do get another one, i dont want to lose the deep exhaust note, and i love the way the car starts and turns off, and idle sound, but when accelerating, it loud ass.

my parents are full on angry. my mom wont drive my car any more. also my dad. and when i just drove it today, its so bad. i asked the guy where i got it from, he can put a silencer. it does come with one, and is not made for one, but he will see what he can do. i told him that i didnt want one which is louder than my other exhaust. he said yeah yeah, its nice and low sound, but that idiot was lying.
will a silencer do much. or should i just add another resonator or replace my one.

my car is auto, so i just found about this drone thingy with autos. but the sound inside is just so loud. annoying, and give me and everyone a head ache. i cant imagine, how it sound outside when accelerating.
its very loud at low revs. my parents said i wasted my money. i shouldnt have got a stainless steel.

im gonna go back to the shop, and see how much to add a resonator, or a silencer, or just take it off, how much i can trade it in for, its just 2 days old. i am soo dissapointed.

here are some pics. can any one tell me if my resonator is stock. cause when i bought the car, it came with a crap muffller and 2.5 inch pipping,

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=513

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
haha i'd leave it on ...i wouldnt want my rents driving my car anyway.

but on a more serious note, it seems to be just a stock resonator to me as well

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
The resonator looks like a resonator....

What kind of muffler is it? Obviously you didn't do any research. 2.5'' piping on a stock auto civic is going to make it lose some torque....and if you bought some no name muffler then of course it's going to sound loud.

Replace it with something quieter....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.