Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 hb was stripped. All I had was an intake, exhaust, and coilovers. Those [email protected]#$%$s put screws through my roof and hood. How do I go about fixing those holes? I need new rotors, exhaust, brake pads, springs, and a lot of other things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
396 Posts
fill in the holes with bondo, or a similar product, then paint over them. as for the parts, the cheapest replacements can probably be found at a salvage yard. if you don't know of any near you, go to a honda dealer and ask.... if you know someone at the dealership you can also get a discount on the parts.
sorry to hear about your car man. hope everything goes well gettin it back together.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
is your insurance company helping you cover your losses?

·
Registered
113 Posts
if they just striped the exhaust, intake, and coilovers, then you're luckier then most....you still have your engine, and its still in driving condition.

depending on how important that car is, you can go back to stock form....get the exhaust and intake from the junk yard. instead of coilovers, put your stock springs back on...

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
If the holes aren't too large I wouldn't recommend bondo, small holes can be fixed by welding in filler metal almost like soldering with steel. Then grind it to match the panel just like you would with bondo.

I recommend Ebay too, you can find anything there. Stock or aftermarket shocks, all kinds of springs or coilovers, the intake pipes/filters are only like $40 for a generic brand. Not the best but it'll get you back on the road and it's not stock at least.

Sorry to hear this happened, I know how it feels. I had insurance and still lost big money.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
damn that's too bad man :(

but yeah, ebay would be your best bet, i was just on the other day and i saw some H&R Racing OR Sport springs for like a little over a hundred ;) GREAT price!

ghost

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot for the help you guys.

Anybody know a trusted shop in Minnesota who can do an engine swap? I'm thinking about b18c with obdI and itr tranny. I want to go naturally aspirated.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
why the hell would they put screws through your hood and roof?:confused: that's just.... ODD

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
anfrey said:
why the hell would they put screws through your hood and roof?:confused: that's just.... ODD
Hey, if your a big enough jerk to steal a car and strip it, what's so out-of-the-ordinary to vandalize it in the process?

When my 94 hatch got stolen, they weren't content to just strip it either, they put old tires on it and drove it around till they crashed it, then they keyed up the paint and did other stuff. So my insurance just totalled it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
f'n vandals!!! what would *they* think if it happened to their rides... grrr this kinda shit just really pisses me off

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Weld the holes, dont use bondo........it dosent"bond" as well as a weld. an exhaust shop can weld them up for a few bucks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts