Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was yesterday on the way to San Jose 280s.

Dark titanium with smoked out tails and tinted windows all around.

I was minding my own business and what looks like a late model Passat comes flying up on my NSX (I get this all the time with cars wanting to see my NSX and what it can do, etc.) and does a flybye.

I ignored him since it wasn't my normal diet.

A few miles up he slows down and just tailgates me. Annoying.

So I took the bait and let him have it.

I beat him by a bus length on 280 going 120MPH, but by the time we hit the 101 I slowed down due to heavy (Sunday drivers) traffic.

Of course he was upset about losing to what he probably thought was a stock NSX with some riced out spoiler and does another flybye as 280 turned into 680.

On my last race, judging by the distance and speed that I beat a stock V-8 M3 I will have to say that this VW must have a superior power to weight ratio to the M3. He was modified for sure. I really don't know anything about VW modes. Perhaps someone can chime in.

I keep surprising these guys. Last time was a supercharged 350Z that my normally aspirated NSX buddy baited.

Reactions: tienlude

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Was it RedWabbit? :ninja

I bet it was a 1.8turbo or a "sigh" :rolleyes VR6 turbo (VR6 turbo's getting old now)
When you posting your M3 vid? :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dun think i can get vids since:

1. these races come up unannounced
2. driving stick and messing around with camera controllers can be hazardous.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Love the blacked out car.

I'd buy a NSX but my wallett isn't deep enough without me living like a bum to afford some modifications I'd try to do. We also get very little good weather here unless its thea dead of summer Theres like maybe 60 days a year worth "driving"a nice car in this area.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
prelude>all.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
God i need to boost my bmw. i'm sick and tired of this n/a nonsense.....i miss my s13 :-(

if only nsx's weren't so overpriced i wouldn't mind having one for my weekend car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a 91 or 92 NSX with 400k~+ miles that sold for $15k.

Original engine and tranny.

That's how well these cars hold their value.

Honda/Acura are already reliable cars.

But with the NSX there are a few bonuses:

1. Only 8k made for the USA in it's span from 1991 - 2005.
2. Owners tend to take care of the NSX as if it was a Ferrari. In other words they are nazi about the routine maintenance and spend $$$ on quality oil, upgrades, etc.
3. It's a handmade/assembled Honda by their top mechanics.

Even salvaged NSX with 80k miles are known to fetch $25~K for a 95 year (my friend's).

Normally i wouldn't waste time and $10 of gas to race a VW, but his ability to build up velocity in the given time alloted caught my attention.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
still wouldn't spend 25K for a 20 year old honda when i could get a newer/faster/cheaper/more practical car for cheaper. but that's just me. If i had money to splurge then i guess the other things wouldn't bother me. Just not worth 25k to me. maybe 15K.

an s2k has about the same level of practicality and performance and can be had for a third the price of a 1991 high mileage nsx.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's nice about the OBD-1 cars like my year NSX is that it's easier to modify the car without worrying about the check engine light going off with all this emission devices and sensors.

The NSX is a good platform as a supercar. It just needs more power.

Now the NSX feels as if it should have come from the factory with this sorta power.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
What's nice about the OBD-1 cars like my year NSX is that it's easier to modify the car without worrying about the check engine light going off with all this emission devices and sensors.

The NSX is a good platform as a supercar. It just needs more power.

Now the NSX feels as if it should have come from the factory with this sorta power.
lol i only mess with obd1 cars. even my bimmer is obd1. i'm fighting th urge right now to buy turbo/cosmetic parts lol...i need to save for a new car but i need to go fast

if i could find and nsx for 15K i'd go for it. but i'd rather spend 10K on an FD than 25K on nsx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, the FD is much more prone to engine failure from taking short-cuts in service, parts and tune.

I've been through 5 engines on the FD.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Well, the FD is much more prone to engine failure from taking short-cuts in service, parts and tune.

I've been through 5 engines on the FD.
oh trust me i know :-D. i would get the fd refurb the motor and keep it for weekends only. it won't be my main car. but i'd rather buy a hot car and blow 10K on it. and i just love the way FD's look. :-D i used to own an fc but i know what kind of a head ache the 13brew is lo.. there was a guy making 430 rwhp with one near my college and he went through 3 motors in one year. i would only shoot for 300-340 rwhp on a built engine and call it a day.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
hot boys buy hot cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts