Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
oh trust me i know :-D. i would get the fd refurb the motor and keep it for weekends only. it won't be my main car. but i'd rather buy a hot car and blow 10K on it. and i just love the way FD's look. :-D i used to own an fc but i know what kind of a head ache the 13brew is lo.. there was a guy making 430 rwhp with one near my college and he went through 3 motors in one year. i would only shoot for 300-340 rwhp on a built engine and call it a day.
Just don't go past 15psi and at full boost I wouldn't run leaner than 10.8:1 A/F ratios for pump gas.

These engines can handle power, just no detonation.

Detonation is usually a result of wrong tune and supporting mods.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Just don't go past 15psi and at full boost I wouldn't run leaner than 10.8:1 A/F ratios for pump gas.

true that...bye bye apex seals.......but they are so beautiful......i love them and s2k's lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
on turbo'd cars they damage the turbos as the apex seals try to make it's way out....

·
Registered
36 Posts

Or take put that GTO engine of yours and put it in an FD, then winninger than Charlie Sheen:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very aggressive and tough looking NSX.

One of the downsides I guess of owning a sleek, sports car that stands out from the crowd - everyone wants to race!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts