Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my cousin wants my 93 del sol S nothing fancy just custom subs behind the seats, some rims, and some bolt ons...he has a 96 eclipse gsx and i think i'm gonna trade him my car for it..the only thing is that it has 120,000 miles the head went out but he fixed it, all the shocks are dead...and i don't know how much life is left on the turbo..thannks

·
Registered
87 Posts
big problem is that motors dont last, top or bottom end will always go out. there are also problems with the sealing and it tends to leak water. if it was me i wouldnt do it, the turbo engines fare better than non turbo but still are a pain

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
I too heard that mostly all the turbo'd eclipse's are worthless...too much of a pain to have to keep up...it was something like every one in two that you see...be it the gsx or the gst, are lemons...I would say forget the eclipse and stick with your trusty honda...eclipse's are tight but I wouldn't bet on one any day...but if you decide to take a chance, don't try to say that nobody warned you...

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
make sure that it wasn't affected by the recall on the transfer case, and if it was that it got fixed. Pull the intake tube off of the turbo and wiggle the shaft around. If it moves more than 1/16'' it's probably shot. be careful when buying a higher mileage turbo Eclipse, it's up to you though. (tranny's are known to go too)

if i was gonna get one it would be a first gen so that it'd have the 6 bolt main and i wouldn't worry about crank walk.

I got 99 problems but a DSM ain't one...HIT ME! (sorry DSM guys...had to :ninja )

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well he just wanted to buy my car, but i suggested the trade and some cash...but don't know what to do yet..kinda want to get out of the honda scene and get a lexus sc400 too bad i'm going to a private college...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts