Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
So for sure it's not the shift link?

Otherwise I can almost bet your mechanic is going to want to open up your tansmission and at best want to: resurface your flywheel, replace your clutch, replace & repack your bearings, check the gear teeth, etc.

I sense a $1000+ job coming on. :(

BTW: How many miles on your tranny? Have you ever had it previously torn apart and redone? :confused

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
the first thing i would check is your tranny fluid level and conditon, pretty much do a drain and fill on your transmission and see what kind of crap is in there, and refill to the proper level, if that dosent help, it would be cheaper to replace trans than have it rebuilt, unless you can do that stuff on your own

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the feedbacks im planning on getting a b20 and do the infamous crvtec anyway i checked the fluid level and it was fine would it help if i added lucas transmission smoother ??? the clutch on the car gripes just fine but it feels like i have to do to much effort to shift when i get the motor out then ill check the clutch and probably change it my lsd works sometimes so i dont know if that could be a problem as well! :confused

·
Registered
43 Posts
jon said:
the first thing i would check is your tranny fluid level and conditon, pretty much do a drain and fill on your transmission and see what kind of crap is in there, and refill to the proper level, if that dosent help, it would be cheaper to replace trans than have it rebuilt, unless you can do that stuff on your own
Having as much experience as you do, how can you go from checking the tranny fluid to just having it replaced..

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
raceinspiration said:
Having as much experience as you do, how can you go from checking the tranny fluid to just having it replaced..
in autotmotive...you always start off with the simple things and work ur way up the food chain!! ;)

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
in autotmotive...you always start off with the simple things and work ur way up the food chain!! ;)
word, you must follow the diagnostic flow charts, you never know when it is gonna be somthing as simple as that

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
jon said:
word, you must follow the diagnostic flow charts, you never know when it is gonna be somthing as simple as that
i hate those chartsi dont mind them if they are on one page. i hate the ones...if yes go here if no then go there. shit has you clicking around everywhere

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i replaced the fluid like a month ago so its good but ive been racing alot of people and the clutch is worn out i asked a dde thast had a honda around here and he said that hes 99 percent sure that thats what it isa thanks for the feed back i checked it last monday and the fluid looked clean and was on the right level if im gonna b20 what clutch should i get

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
maacb16 said:
i replaced the fluid like a month ago so its good but ive been racing alot of people and the clutch is worn out i asked a dde thast had a honda around here and he said that hes 99 percent sure that thats what it isa thanks for the feed back i checked it last monday and the fluid looked clean and was on the right level if im gonna b20 what clutch should i get
an exedy stage 1 or 2

stage 1 clutches are still made of the same material as oem, the organic clutches, but stage 2 and up are made of kevlar/ceramic composites

but unless you plan on boosting, a stage 1 will be fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.