Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the lip form www.karfanatics.com. Thanx scott huge help. Okay i just got it in the mail. Im woundering how to install this thing. TimTim is prob the best bet since he got his at the same place. I also figured installing a lip in general is a good question. Ya its white abs plastic. I think i may need to trim the bumper but i dont have a damn clue bout this stuff!! I tried to line it up and it looked like the curve was a lil off but kinda hard to tell with on person holden it to the bumper where they r quesin it goes.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
you def want a second person for this, line it up across the front of the bumper, it should sit flush with the bottem piece of the bumper under the front opening. My brother held it up there and i went on one side of it, lets just say drivers side, pushed it so the wrap around part on the end is rested against the side of the bumper in the wheel well. (slide it left or right if needed) Drill one hole in the middle of the wrap around part in the wheel well. Do the same on the other side, once the holes were drilled i lined the inside of the lip with 3m double sided tape, they make it for body moldings and such, stick it on, get some nice looking bolts that wont rust and bolt her up, you could screw it up if you wanted too, i chose to use small bolts and things because i had to take the lip off lots of times when i worked at the shop to bring my car on the alignment rack and stuff. I had to do NO trimming at all on my lip, heres a kinda close up of it when it was installed (i even painted it myself lol :D )

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
and i hit the lip in countless places, on a curb speed bumps and potholes and not once did it crack, even when i just got my accident all it did was break in half, but shit my hole bumper was broke in half so id say it did well, none of the halves had any cracks in them ether

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
look at post number 1, www.importfan.com also has CF front and rear lips if you prefer, ebay has a couple, but katfanatics has been my choice for a couple years now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i dont have to trim the lip..so i believe, i just test fitted it. i was thinking would it be a good idea to save money by painting it myself??? I can get some Duplicolor in glossy black and sum Duplicolor grey primer. How exactly would i go about the process if i should???

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
i sanded mine down to get it roughed up a bit, sprayed some real good primer on it, no shitty stuff that will flake later, let it dry, roughed that up just a little then sprayed a coat of paint on it, let it sit and dry completely, then i sprayed another coat on and afterwards spayed on some clear, its nice if its a sunny day to kinda let it bake in there, i mean yea its a ghetto paintjob but i did it on my eyelids and front and rear lip and it has yet to fade or really chip, afterwards i wetsanded some, id post more setailed instructions but im leaving work now lol, good luck and post pics, also check out the cosmetic forum in here i think, theres an awesome write up

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
timtim123 said:
i sanded mine down to get it roughed up a bit, sprayed some real good primer on it, no shitty stuff that will flake later, let it dry, roughed that up just a little then sprayed a coat of paint on it, let it sit and dry completely, then i sprayed another coat on and afterwards spayed on some clear, its nice if its a sunny day to kinda let it bake in there, i mean yea its a ghetto paintjob but i did it on my eyelids and front and rear lip and it has yet to fade or really chip, afterwards i wetsanded some, id post more setailed instructions but im leaving work now lol, good luck and post pics, also check out the cosmetic forum in here i think, theres an awesome write up
how the fuck are you getting over 2500 posts? where the hell else are you post whoring, you whore?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
lol i post anywhere and everywhere buddy, plus its all i have to do while im at work all day lol

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
i work for comcast internet IP support, basically when your having problems with your internet service you call in and someone like myself answers the phone, i sit there and play around with ur comp, router, and modem to get u online or i have to tell ppl they have to go a couple days without internet, gets very nasty somtimes but whatever i get allllll the channels for free along with highest speeds of internet and phone service soon too lol and lots of money and benefits

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
you are a bastard sir.

im having problems with my comcast :( :ninja

·
Registered
153 Posts
timtim123 said:
i work for comcast internet IP support, basically when your having problems with your internet service you call in and someone like myself answers the phone, i sit there and play around with ur comp, router, and modem to get u online or i have to tell ppl they have to go a couple days without internet, gets very nasty somtimes but whatever i get allllll the channels for free along with highest speeds of internet and phone service soon too lol and lots of money and benefits
not to be a jackass, but didnt they source out all of those jobs to India? :D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
nope your thinking of dell tech support,they are pretty much all india based now lol so good luck if you call there, comcast is actually growing rapidly in US, there are always jobs open there, very good place to work i must say, u just need patience and to atleast act like your nice to ppl (took me awhile to get that down lol) but hey after bills monthly i have about 1500 to myself and the sol :D plus benefits ect but hey back on topic!! i get on here to get away from work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts