Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·











It was only a few years ago when I posted a similar shot of my Civic hatch, sporting the same Spoon rims, on the same spot on my driveway. The Civic is now gone, but the Fit is a worthy successor for my needs. This is a Fit forum, so I won't bother you with the stuff we all know. The Spoons were a direct fit... 4x100, so no problems there. The tires I chose were 205/45-16 Yokohamas Avid H4s, for the all weather and long thread life ratings. It's only been a week now, and I've taken many unecessary drives around town just because :rolleyes No other plans yet, but as my friend has already posted previously, I'm interested in some jdm black headlight assemblies, possibly with projectors. A trip to Japan should solve that early next year :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess Honda hasn't sold that many Fits in the US, it's really slow in this forum. Are people still recuperating from the 4th of July weekend hangover?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are the real thing, and took the longest time to get in early 2001 (for my 99'Civic). If I remember correctly, they cost me $2400 w/ Yokohama A520 tires back then, straight from Japan. Nowadays you can find the same ones for a bit less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,705 Posts
Youre right. Some black housings would make it look alot hotter. I love the fit but around my area you never see them. Possibly one every month. That sucks I hope sales could turn around for the car I would hate to seee it discontinued.

What camera did you use to take these pictures? Its very clear and highly detailed looks amazing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks JDMaccord2k. Yeah, around here I never see another Fit on the streets.

About the camera, since I do photography for a living it's a Nikon D2x, a nice camera to work with. The lenses used were 17-35 AF-S and 10.5mm DX Fisheye.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
The car looks great! I am from Ohio and the problem here is that dealers sell them as soon as they come off the transports - literally. Every dealer in Columbus has a waiting list, so if you want one you have to put a deposit down (which we did on June 17th) and you wait your turn for the dealer to get one (and hope whoever is in front of you gets one somewhere else or drops themselves off the list!)

We ordered a Vivid Blue Pearl Sport, but would like to see a Blaze Orange Metallic. Since dealers sell them the day they get them, we have not been able to see one yet.

Ours is supposed to arrive in September or October :eek

I really wanted Taffeta White, but since my wife will be driving it I let her pick the color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats Anagram, hope you get yours (and your wife's) soon! :D I was torn between blue and white for the Fit. In the end I went with white because that was the original color for the Type-R's, and because the dealer had a white Sport to test drive on the lot and I just fell in love with it :hehe Now the tuning bug has bitten me again, and I find myself looking for some performance parts, as well as some cosmetic stuff. I was first thinking of upgrading the suspension, some reinforcement bars to stiffen the body, a carbon fiber hood, black headlight housing, an intake, headers, maybe a small turbine :number1 That's a lot of money though, but it's my "roadmap" as the cpu industry likes to call it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
marokero said:
Congrats Anagram, hope you get yours (and your wife's) soon! :D I was torn between blue and white for the Fit. In the end I went with white because that was the original color for the Type-R's, and because the dealer had a white Sport to test drive on the lot and I just fell in love with it :hehe Now the tuning bug has bitten me again, and I find myself looking for some performance parts, as well as some cosmetic stuff. I was first thinking of upgrading the suspension, some reinforcement bars to stiffen the body, a carbon fiber hood, black headlight housing, an intake, headers, maybe a small turbine :number1 That's a lot of money though, but it's my "roadmap" as the cpu industry likes to call it :D
wha?
what happened to all that talk about not being interested in modding cars anymore?

oh...
by the way...
i see your old civic being driven around my neighborhood from time to time...
talked with the new owner and said he hit a pothole and broke the racing medallion in two, but had it welded back together... not to mention there are a few scratches in the paint now (side skirts you had painted) and the tip of the exhaust is a little rusted...

i installed the old ex cluster i gave you into the car last weekend when he stopped by the house...

it is really strange to see it being driven around by someone else now...

maybe later this summer you'll reconsider taking the fit out to go autocrossing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess driving the Fit has re-awaken some of that side of me :p Hey, the Fit seems to handle as well as my Civic with the suspension upgrades! I found that out the other day when some idiot in a Galant wouldn't let me pass him on the highway... I cut him off by squeezing by him and another car. I was very impressed with the stability, no wonder it beat even the Corvette Z06 in the slalom! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
marokero said:
I guess driving the Fit has re-awaken some of that side of me :p Hey, the Fit seems to handle as well as my Civic with the suspension upgrades! I found that out the other day when some idiot in a Galant wouldn't let me pass him on the highway... I cut him off by squeezing by him and another car. I was very impressed with the stability, no wonder it beat even the Corvette Z06 in the slalom! :D
remember...
that is why ichishima tatsuru said the fit is built like a race car...
that chassis is a great platform... double-walled construction...

nozomi and the guys are waiting to see the car in person...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
JDMaccord2k said:
Youre right. Some black housings would make it look alot hotter. I love the fit but around my area you never see them. Possibly one every month. That sucks I hope sales could turn around for the car I would hate to seee it discontinued.

What camera did you use to take these pictures? Its very clear and highly detailed looks amazing!
It's not sales that are keeping it from selling. There are 4 month waiting lists for them. There aren't enough to go around. They didn't anticipate the market.

~Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,705 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
It's not sales that are keeping it from selling. There are 4 month waiting lists for them. There aren't enough to go around. They didn't anticipate the market.

~Peace
4 months!!! :eek Wow that sucks. I didnt know they had a waiting list like that. I didnt even know they had a waiting list. Honda needs to bump up production while there still hot. I personally have only seen 5 around here since they came out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On Tursday I saw one more Fit, a Blaze Orange Metallic Sport. That makes it the second one I've seen around my town. I was fortunate to have placed my order in May, when the waiting list was only 8 weeks long. It's 4 months now? :wow It's going to be a while before Fit production starts in the USA...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
marokero said:
On Tursday I saw one more Fit, a Blaze Orange Metallic Sport. That makes it the second one I've seen around my town. I was fortunate to have placed my order in May, when the waiting list was only 8 weeks long. It's 4 months now? :wow It's going to be a while before Fit production starts in the USA...
That's what they told me at both Honda dealerships I went to. One in De Kalb Illinois and the other in Crystal Lake Illinois. Both about an hour to an hour and a half outside of Chicago.

Yeah, it's nuts... I don't think they anticipated demand like this.

~Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks samsuwat! I'm actually scouting a new location to shoot my Fit, so one of these days I'll put up new and improved shots :D
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top