Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My intermitant (sp?) wipers quit working ... and when i use the windshield spray stuff, they don't automatically come on.

I recently did some stereo stuff ... blew the radio fuse under the hood, and replaced it with the 7.5 (same voltage), used for dome/map lights .... so what is up with my wipers? does that fuse have anything to do with intermitents? thanks..

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
OdiedogCX said:
My intermitant (sp?) wipers quit working ... and when i use the windshield spray stuff, they don't automatically come on.

I recently did some stereo stuff ... blew the radio fuse under the hood, and replaced it with the 7.5 (same voltage), used for dome/map lights .... so what is up with my wipers? does that fuse have anything to do with intermitents? thanks..
well go buy a box of fuses from the parts store for $1.50 and find out :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
OdiedogCX said:

LMFAO 0wn3d

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uhh k

·
Registered
185 Posts
thats kinda funny ... disconnect the negitave side of the battery when working on the car ... always saves you the headaches and problems associated with electrical shorts. ur stalk may be fried ... you will have to use the "shop repair book" to really get nasty with that. good luck

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Re: my wipers = teh gay

slim-tim said:
Werd? Why "Werd" ?

Dumbass.

I didn't think it would have anything to do with the engine bay radio fuse, and checking all my other fuses, that's the only one that was screwed up, so i took the dome light fuse, which i wouldn't think would have anything to do with the intermitant wipers, or the "headlight buzzer" (which i just found out too). So yea .. thanks for the help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
614 Posts
dumb ass bitches... u guys helped the guy out alot by not even making sense whatsoever. (CLAPPING) this world is a BIG FUCKING ASS HOLE... and everybody are the little shits that crawl out of that ass hole. fuck everybody im pissed right now... good luck with the fuses man

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Sev_civic said:
dumb ass bitches... u guys helped the guy out alot by not even making sense whatsoever. (CLAPPING) this world is a BIG FUCKING ASS HOLE... and everybody are the little shits that crawl out of that ass hole. fuck everybody im pissed right now... good luck with the fuses man
LOL!!! where'd THAT come from?? :lol2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
hey odie.... you may need to take it to honda, they wire shit really weird in our cars... when i installed my aftermarket stereo, my dome light stopped coming on automatically. so you never know where the wipers are wired through.

good luck

and yeah---- the rest of ya'll were pretty much assholes to him.

·
Registered
614 Posts
soccaian said:
hey odie.... you may need to take it to honda, they wire shit really weird in our cars... when i installed my aftermarket stereo, my dome light stopped coming on automatically. so you never know where the wipers are wired through.

good luck

and yeah---- the rest of ya'll were pretty much assholes to him.
Thank you :)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
oh good lord boo hoo...

I mean come on he answered his OWN question when he posted the first time.

his wipers worked until he removed a fuse for something else then they stopped working...logic dictates that you should FIRST go get another fuse and see if they come back on....

then you'll know that the fuse controls them. simple as that. He had a brain fart.

The reason your dome light probably stopped coming on when you took out the factory stereo was because on some model civics....the dome light and keyless entry is wired through the stereo....thus, if you take out the stereo, you lose those. You can rewire the dome light easy enough but if you had keyless you have to stuff the stereo under the dash and keep it wired up as a slave for the keyless....

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
On the 6g Civics when you put in an aftermarket radio, you don't have to lose all your functions. Just don't be a cheapskate, buck up the money for the Metra harness that reroutes the wires for you. It's only like $25, and is worth it. No cutting anything, or leaving the lame factory radio stuffed in behind the new one...

Yeah, it's always good to pull the negative cable off when working on stuff. But there's no reason to screw up a radio install, you should ALWAYS use an adaptor harness and just match up the right colored wires, then it will all go well and you won't mess up other functions of the car.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have the metra harness...got it from circuit city for $17.95 and it DOES keep the stock radio.

It basically puts the stock one off on a patched in third adapter clip...kinda hard to explain. Hell, if I have to I'll pull it all out and snap a picture just to show the harness installed...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I would luv it if you could find that harness for me man, I searched for like 2 months before I couldn't take the stock stereo anymore and got the metra harness, scoche harness is the same as the metra one by the way...best-buy had that one but circuit city simply had the better price :D. I swear I would pay $50+ for it just to get my stock radio out of the car...only place I found for it was at the back bottom of my console and I'd really like to get rid of my gauge pod and move my gauges up on the a-pillar and put a pocket down there...

the reason the metra and scoche harnesses require the stock radio is because you'd have to have a programmable module attached to the harness which could react with the rest of the keyless entry for the cars system which would definitely cost more than $20....so they just made the harness to utilize that portion of the stock radio while still letting you put in an aftermarket radio.

I've been thinking of just gutting the back portion of the radio out and wrapping it in electrical tape but then that would just destroy whatever pitiful resale value the rest of the unit has since it is the cd player controller ability one....:confused:

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SCOHAK1B

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Hmm...I'm having a hard time trying to find it. Perhaps I made an incorrect assumption about the capability of the harness. I've read numerous articles on what/why stuff happens when removing the radio, however I will say in my experience that my dome light has never quit working with the factory radio gone. And a friend of mine has a CX with an oooold Kenwood CD, he bought a factory alarm and installed it himself and it works. Since he doesn't have keyless entry fobs, he just rerouted 1 or 2 wires for the alarm ground circuit and it works, you just put the key in the ignition withina certain time after opening the door and it won't go off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.