Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad I use my laptop everyday for work and this morning it died on me. It's the power supply :bash so the mother board is done.

But the best part of this is my boss went to the apple store and got a 21.5 iMac :D

It's not bad i have VMware installed to run some vnc so i can connect to clients PC and RDP to connect to our database. but i having fun messing around with it.

:ninja

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
wait, the PS like spiked your computer? If there was no power spike or overloading, the computer should be fine.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
There was an overload of power and shocked the laptop. It's a laptop so the PS is on the motherboard.
ahh.

your comp has an internal PS??? I figured it would be external.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
that looks like its just a jack, not the actual power supply. The actual brick in your power cord is what contains the elements to convert power form 120vAC to whatever your comp. uses, that is essentially the ps on a laptop.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
was that with labor, or did you do it yourself? Either way, damn good price.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
mobo's take time, thats for sure, and its something you have to be careful you don't mess up. And some models are easier than others, idk how Dell's are, I usually don't work on them.

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there are a lot of small bolts and some fishing of wires, but other than that if you take your time and not miss in ground (like i did) it's str8 fw

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
the screws and what not arent the hard part for me, its trying to route the wires as nicely as they come from the factory thats tough to pull off.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
laptops are kinda a pain, just requires dexterity and some care

keep your old motherboard!!

replace the mosfets, swap parts to test it, then sell that bitch on ebay for 150-200 bucks

people will buy it at ridiculous prices on ebay for some dumb reason

1 - 17 of 17 Posts