ls/vtec motor
ctr pistons
toda c cams
ITR rods
arp bolts/ studs
mugen header
spoon exhaust

and few other things.

what i need to know is will i need a RESIStor box with the RC injectors?? my car is a 1994 EG6!

someone mentioned to me about anter breather on the head, im assuming i will need an OIL catch can for this?? correct?? are there any good or better ot do they all do the same thing in the same way??

and finally.

could would you guys recomend running an OIL cooler, do ppl run these often??
if so. could some forward me to a website, ive had a look on ebay but not much look

thanks in advance

any other commentds advice welcome

·
Registered
699 Posts
ldk_honda said:
hey guys just need few recomendations and advice please

ls/vtec motor
ctr pistons
toda c cams
ITR rods
arp bolts/ studs
mugen header
spoon exhaust

any other commentds advice welcome

i dont understand why you are going to run/pay the money for those when you can go custom and make a shit.ton more power.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
ldk_honda said:
i am going to get saturated injectors.. so take it i wont need one?

peak and hold=saturated.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
road.head said:
very very wrong. peak and hold and saturated are two different typpes of injectors. Saturated dont need resistors. Peak and hold do.
i thought i had my facts straight. i knew there were unsaturated and saturated, and one of them was aka peak and hold. am i wrong about that too?

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
ls/vtec motor
ctr pistons
toda c cams
ITR rods
arp bolts/ studs
mugen header
spoon exhaust

This is how this build SHOULD look...

B18b block
Japanese ITR pistons...Dont run CTR pistons if you plan on using pump gas.
ITR rods is fine
gsr head / porting if you can afford
Skunk 2 intake mani
any aftermarket intake (shortram)
Skunk2 stage 2 cams
Supertech springs/retainers
arp rodbolts...stock headstuds are fine
For price custom header screw mugen
catback isnt very important in the grand sceme of it all. Get a 5zigen for under 500 and your good. This setup will get you over 200whp regardless with good tuning.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
shaolin_style said:
ls/vtec motor
ctr pistons
toda c cams
ITR rods
arp bolts/ studs
mugen header
spoon exhaust

This is how this build SHOULD look...

B18b block
ITR rods is fine
Skunk 2 intake mani
Skunk2 stage 2 cams
arp rodbolts...stock headstuds are fine
catback isnt very important in the grand sceme of it all. Get a 5zigen for under 500 and your good. This setup will get you over 200whp regardless with good tuning.
listen to this man..

instead of a nice cr setup like 11.1 - 11.6 ctr's will blow ur ass away with a insanely retard cr like 12.3 or 12.1 something retard u dont need on a daily driver..knock out the ying yang..and no, the octane booster will not make up for it... :hehe

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Stay away from Toda C cams if you want to make power. Those things have a big hole in their power band when compared to Skunk2 Stage 2 or even ITRs.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Yeah...it seems that you tend to make purchasing decisions..at least for parts..with the mentality that the more expensive parts are the higher the quality and output...ie toda, mugen...but its not always true. Skunk 2 stage 2 are probably the best and most recommended street cam for the b series but its nowhere close to the most expensive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
im in lv with 115 degree weather right now at stock timing not tuned running 91 octane with lsvtec b16 head milled .010 flat top valves and ctr pistons on shotpeend ls rods with arp rod bolts and she runs (.)(.)s no pinging or detonation and ive got a almost 1k mile on the motor she is my daily driver and i live 25 miles from work thats bout 50 miles a day and no probs yet knock on wood :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
B18b block
ITR rods is fine
Skunk 2 intake mani
Skunk2 stage 2 cams
arp rodbolts...STOCK HEADSTUDS ARE FINE

IF IM NOT MISTAKEN LS HEADSTUDS WONT WORK BECAUSE THERE ARE 2 THAT ARE SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS...... YOU NEED BSERIES VTEC HEADSTUDS SO YOU MIGHT ASWELL GET ARP HEADSTUDS :hug

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.