Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has an N-force 4 MB yet and if so are they running SLI? I know the MB’s are starting to hit the stores but are still hard to get a hold of.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
there is no point to run such an expensive setup yet, maybe later on when prices starts coming down.

you can run almost any game in high quality with a 200 dollar 6600gt, if that card isnt fast enough, try ati's new 300 dollar x800 xl, a decent mobo for pci/e and s939 will only cost about 100-150 bucks if you stick with 8xapg, mobo will cost about 70-80 bucks.

a nforce4 sli mobo cost 250-300, even if you run 2x 6600gt, you might as well buy a 80 dollar mobo and run a 6800ultra or 120 dollar mobo to run a x850. you will save money at the end (consider extra video card will require a bigger psu and cooling) for the same amount of performance. it's not cost efficent enough to upgrade to sli yet, stick with the conventional 8xagp if you are building a budget system, pci/e if you are willing to spend a bit more.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Im going to get that Asus for $200, I think thats a pretty good price.

Also I think in the long run that price will pay for itself due to the SLI feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts