Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has had an N1 with custom piping for a 5th gen.

I am thinking about doing 2.25" piping with the resonator and 90mm N1 muffler with the Apexi silencer (apex says it lowers sound up to 7dB). How do you guys think it will sound? I don't want it to be really loud so I'm putting the resonator and the silencer, do you think it will make a significant difference? Or will it still be painfully loud? Please advise!! Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a 6th gen with N1 and custom piping, I enjoy the sound of it, its not deafing loud but at some points on the rpm band it is loud but keep in mind I dont have a resonator or silencer so I dont think it will be loud at all. I got 2.25 the shop said 2.50 i would be scraping all over the place and it would be harder to fit it all. Im happy with the results

·
Registered
217 Posts
first off what is the n1 ?? where dd you get it how much ?? and would u recommend it as faras power gains through rpm bands and sound not being annoying ricey but a nice deep tone???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the N1 is made by Apex'i. However, they don't make a full cat-back for the accord so custom piping must be fabricated to use it properly. It doesn't have a ricey tone.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
y not just get a cat back from hks or greddy or something instead of just getting the muffler?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
samsauma_2000 said:
y not just get a cat back from hks or greddy or something instead of just getting the muffler?
I'm planning to do custom piping so I won't just be replacing the muffler.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i ahve 2.25" and an N1 (no res or silencer) and its really f-ing loud.

·
Registered
217 Posts
where do u buyjust the n1 muffler because i dont want to buiy a cat back i can get custom mandrel piping cheeper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts