Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
95PRELUDEVTEC said:
laughin2.2, what nos kit do you have?
and what is the best time you ran with a 75 shot?
Technically I own a NOS DP Kit, but I haven't picked it up from the shop yet and installed it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,368 Posts
75 shot - low-mid 13's is achievable. 55 shot - high 13's. a clutch will really do the job though if youre runnin a 75 shot.

peace

ps, no offense but 14.5 is a terrible time with a 75 shot. you either need to learn, or re-learn how to drive with nitrous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
wutangben said:

ps, no offense but 14.5 is a terrible time with a 75 shot. you either need to learn, or re-learn how to drive with nitrous.
Don't listen to him, he's just been a lil' high on himself ever since he dusted that Z06 :rolleyes: When I first bolted on my nitrous kit, I was actually running SLOWER times than I was running all motor. That's because most of my time was spent spinning my tires through 1st and 2nd gear, but soon enough you'll learn to master the art of launching with nitrous. Just takes a little time and practice, you might even want to switch to a smaller hp setting to help you learn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,368 Posts
SpanishRicer said:


Don't listen to him, he's just been a lil' high on himself ever since he dusted that Z06 :rolleyes: When I first bolted on my nitrous kit, I was actually running SLOWER times than I was running all motor. That's because most of my time was spent spinning my tires through 1st and 2nd gear, but soon enough you'll learn to master the art of launching with nitrous. Just takes a little time and practice, you might even want to switch to a smaller hp setting to help you learn.
:eek:

im not high on myself :( i just finally had the vid capped and wanted to prove a point. and i wasnt trying to hate on the guy. im just saying... but yeah, i agree, go down to a 55 shot, make sure you dont spray while youre launching. launch, and once you have traction, then start spraying. you really cant ever launch with nitrous unless you have a progressive controller. anyways, im going to get back to drooling over spanishricers's lude...;)

peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
LoL, it's okay WuTang, I was just poking fun :D You're right about not spraying until you have traction. Heck, I don't even let go of the clutch fully in 1st gear anymore. I just try and get into 2nd as soon as possible, hope the tires grab, slam it into 3rd, shift at 90, and take it on home.... :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,368 Posts
SpanishRicer said:
LoL, it's okay WuTang, I was just poking fun :D You're right about not spraying until you have traction. Heck, I don't even let go of the clutch fully in 1st gear anymore. I just try and get into 2nd as soon as possible, hope the tires grab, slam it into 3rd, shift at 90, and take it on home.... :cool:
half the time i spray after i launch in first, and then till the finish. the other half, i shut my nitrous off before i shift, and then on after i shift (but believe me, i don it faster than you can blink, its not as bad as it sounds) damn i cant wait to run with my bottle heater.... and when i get a purge kit... :D

peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
yeah i know it sucked, i had old tires, bad plugs and a slipping clutch, all since replaced, so who knows. I'll let u know next time i run.
:ssj:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,368 Posts
it just takes practice. good luck on your next run :) i sure as hell need practice with my 75 shot. and a purge kit to go with my bottle heater to keep everything consistant.

peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
hmmm...on street tires your not gonna do much better than a mid 13....trust me...its all about the traction...also..if your going to get NOS, make sure you get everything you need...a pressure gauge, bottle heater..if your bottle temp and pressure are low, your not going to get everything out of it, even with a full bottle...but it does take practice...I launch in 1st, hit 2nd then hit the switch, cuz on street tires i spin them on the NOS...and its much easier on your clutch..there ya go...peace!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
The problem is i went with the zex kit which is computer controlled, and the switch is hidden in my change purse so its kinda hard to hit it anytime before 3rd. purge kit is on the way and the heater is on, pressure gauge is in teh glove box. Its fun as hell though.
:ssj:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I have never seen a prelude with a 75 shot do under 13.67, and 13.6 is fast for a 75 shot. Low 13's and street tires=impossible
Most guys I have seen run 13.90-13.99. with that much nitrous
Ludes with jackson chargers don't run LOW 13's.:sleep:
You guys are just guessing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Marcccus said:
I have never seen a prelude with a 75 shot do under 13.67, and 13.6 is fast for a 75 shot. Low 13's and street tires=impossible
Drag radials and progressive controllers are beautiful things.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top