Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLY SHIT! This game looks awsome. I was reading about it on easports.com and saw some clips. It looks good!

The moves are awsome, you can make a player do many differant things with the right analog...take a look. (from easports.com)

In NBA Live 2003, place your right thumb on the Freestyle Control and start commanding the court. The 360-degree rotation of the right analog stick* lets you create your own NBA Livestyle.

The left analog controls the general movement and direction of the player, while the addition of the Freestyle Control lets you bust out of the button mashing doldrums and into the artistic arena that makes NBA basketball so entertaining.

* PlayStation®2 -- Right Analog; Microsoft Xbox™ -- Thumb Stick; Nintendo GameCube™ -- C Stick

Why is this better than the old X-O combinations?

Can you think of anyone in the NBA that plays with one hand and uses random moves to get the job done? No chance. Freestyle Control is deliberate. No more random moves as when you used to select a special move button. You now express yourself with new moves and thousands of combinations.

What can I control with Freestyle Control?

Crossover behind, through the legs, and around your man, stutter-step, palm the ball, back down in the paint, fade away, protect the ball and toy with your opponent. Reach, steal or block with either hand. The possibilities are overwhelming. Showing off has never been easier.

Total Player Control = No More Randomness!

What are EA SPORTS Quick Plays?

For NBA Live 2003, we will not be using the Directional Pad (shown at right) for player movement. Instead, we will be using these 4 buttons for Quick Play calling on both Offense and Defense. These Quick Plays won’t be actual 'plays' in the traditional sense, but more of an 'A.I. adjustment' that a User (or CPU) can execute on the fly, that involve no more than a single adjustment followed by the players flowing easily back into the Dynamic Offense.

When any of these buttons are pressed, the ball carrier will raise his arm to indicate a Quick Play being called.

What are others saying about EA SPORTS Freestyle Control?

"EA has gone the distance to ensure it delivers the most realistic basketball sim on any system with the advent of the EA SPORTS Freestyle Control. Using the Freestyle Control, gamers will be able to feel like they truly are part of the action."

-- GameZone.com
"The Freestyle Control is the biggest basketball innovation that I can remember… What a great concept. I can't wait to get some code and try to master all the moves."

-- IGN PS2
"LIVE 2003 brings a whole new level of depth to the game. It creates match up problems and makes it like real basketball. What a great concept. Can't wait to get more time with this. It looks great."

-- XBOX Magazine

Comes out today but it will be on shelves tomorrow. Sucks though...I was just getting into Madden 2003 now, this had to come out.

Plus, it has tracks from snoop, fabulous, busta rymes. It'l be a good one.

· Registered
337 Posts
wow i didn't know that you could do all that. i just thought it was going to be a cool b-ball game! now i just might have to look into buying it!

· Registered
1,404 Posts
what's up w/ nba 2k3?

dayum i'm just gettin into my madden and ncaa seasons + friggin' onimusha 2 then the nba season is coming? wow, it sounds like ea is trying to compete w/ sega for the nba king - i used to be loyal to ea's live line but sega's b-ball has been beating them as of late...what's the deal w/ this years edition?

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: what's up w/ nba 2k3?

akemi27 said:
dayum i'm just gettin into my madden and ncaa seasons + friggin' onimusha 2 then the nba season is coming? wow, it sounds like ea is trying to compete w/ sega for the nba king - i used to be loyal to ea's live line but sega's b-ball has been beating them as of late...what's the deal w/ this years edition?
NBA2K3 sucks! I talked to a guy who owns an electronic store. He says NBA2K3 had EA in 2002 but EA is much better in 2003. The gameplay for 2K3 is really slow. I would go for live.

· Registered
490 Posts
werd up its a great game. Its definitely a must have sports game. you can also play pplz online! and I think it autoupdates the rosters online also...freakin dope. oh yea, the only bad thing is that sometimes little shit players like chris witney will pull off crazy moves, but I guess any bball game is like that :rolleyes:

· Registered
490 Posts
If its too fake looking, its not anymore. The faces look so real on some players. They even got the more popular players' tatoos on em!! A lot of detail and hard work went into this game..like I said, its a MUST HAVE bball game.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.