Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok as some as u may know my motor may or maynot be gone... i dont know yet, but i figure its bout time to build the up the motor for my turbo set up... i went to nopionline.com and looked up some things.. will this work... for a turbo set up? i want to run some good about of boost off of my fmax kit, i know i need fuel and what not but will this work... will i need to resleeve the block too, do i have to send it somewhere, and where can i get sleeves...

245637 111+0871 CROWER Camshaft for TURBO
245637 115+0331 CROWER Billet Crowerods
245637 133+2525 JE Piston H22A1 lowers compression to 9:0:1
245637 135+3025 Piston Ring Set 3.425 Bore 1
245637 155+1449 CROWER S/S Valve Set (I) Honda
245637 155+1450 CROWER S/S Valve Set (E) Honda
245637 157+0181 CROWER Valve Springs 1
245637 159+0145 CROWER Titanium Ret. Kit Honda
245637 186+0220 AEM TruTime Cam Gear SILVER 245637 199+0557 AEM Pulley Kit SILVER

Order Total $3,191.86 <--- prolli get it cheaper...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone???

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do i got about doing that, i know what releeving is and i think i know what it does but other in that ive never been this deep into this sh*t... :p

·
Registered
898 Posts
Everythign looks good except the cams are pretty much a waste, most people keep stock cams, becasue they are already good for turbo. Valves also arn't anythign you need to have unless you plan on risking your motor and rapping 9000 RPMs. I have Springs, retainers, Arias 9-1's, Eagle Rods (support up to 600 Horsepower, and are $200.00 cheaper). Lastly don't go to Nopi unless you want to pay out your @$$ for everything.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have a machine shop next door that has some pictures of engines that were turbo'd without being resleeved... I'll have to try and scan them some time... Good visual clue on what can happen if not resleeved.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went to nopi cuase thats where my local shop goes through i can normal get things alot less than what the site asks.. so eagle rods.. whats some other sites i can look at... i only got about 1800 in the bank and i have no car right now.. cuase of the motor blew or somthing still lookn into that.... so any help is great...

·
Registered
898 Posts
You're gonna need about $10,000 for a full build, turbo setup, and install, and tuning. You also need a Standalone EMS for your car if you're building your bottem end, hondata, AEM, Accel DFI, Speedpro are all good choices.

www.overboost.com
www.inlinefour.com
www.groupbuycenter.com (Cheapest you'll find parts)

·
Registered
587 Posts
just for extra security, you may want to go with some high strength rods and bolts such as ARP. and dont forget to add in about $300 more to upgrade your fuel system. more if you wanna upgrade your injectors.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok feeling very over my head at this moment... jeese.. i can only imagine what pro drag race designers go through, and they have to make there own parts instead of just buy them... but i guess its easier with loads of money...

so anyone want to look me up a shoppin list...:p

i already got the turbo kit its fmax...
and i like the aem plug and play found a guys selling it for 1160. or somthing close to that...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone know golden eagle's web site or phone number? i cant seem to search for it all i get is outdoor rec sh*t....

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.