Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i got some video filmed on a relatively old school camcorder, on some 8mm cassettes.

Basically Id like to get this edited, and mixed with some background music, and saved on my pc.

I was thinking of first burning it onto DVD, simply by plugging the camcorder into my dvd recorder, then save the DVD on to my hard drive, and then get some video editing software, and edit certain scenes and fill in some background music.

Any suggestions on the best way to achieve this?
Anyone know of any good, easy to use, preferrably free video editing software?

thnx.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
Det.John Kimble said:
Ok, i got some video filmed on a relatively old school camcorder, on some 8mm cassettes.

Basically Id like to get this edited, and mixed with some background music, and saved on my pc.

I was thinking of first burning it onto DVD, simply by plugging the camcorder into my dvd recorder, then save the DVD on to my hard drive, and then get some video editing software, and edit certain scenes and fill in some background music.

Any suggestions on the best way to achieve this?
Anyone know of any good, easy to use, preferrably free video editing software?

thnx.

thats a tough one.. i take it the camera has RCA (Red, Yellow, and White cables just incase you didnt know) connections only??

·
Registered
670 Posts
First off, sorry to revive this old thread, but this is kinda the same subject...

I was just wondering the name of the technique/option of when you combine two videos side-by-side playing it side-by-side on one screen. Is it "overlay?" I'm guessing one of the popoular programs to support this is Adobe Premiere. Yes/no?

For example, I'm making a small clip of my friend & I messing around in QuakeWorld. What I want to be done is having one side playing his POV, and another side my POV.

Just curious, thanks :).

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
I got a question about this too, whats a good video editing program? I need a good one that i can piece together vids seemlessly and add sound and music.

·
Registered
670 Posts
sleeper15 said:
I got a question about this too, whats a good video editing program? I need a good one that i can piece together vids seemlessly and add sound and music.
Right now I'm using VirtualDub from doom9.org, I hear Sony Vegas is good.

And I'm also using Windows Movie Maker lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.