Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to get an f22a1 engine does somebody have a good engine to sell???? or i would like to know what ias the best swap i could dot from a stock f22a1 ??

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could just buy my auto 93 lx accord for $1200. the motor has about 130k on it. Or you could either drop in a jdm f20,h23, and of course the infamous h22

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont really know much about honda engines and a little help would be good i need to know which is the best engine y could swap with and what would i need to do this of course i think y would need to replace the ecu but what else should i need? would a diferent engine fit perfect on my car or am i going to need to do some modificatiuons? thanks for the help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well to start ur gonna need $money$. Probably around 4grand. And it depends on how much power u want your car to have. but if u get another replacement f22 u could just use tha same ecu. A different engine wont fit perfectly in your car...unless its a f22. lol because you will need certain engine mounts and what not and h22 are bigger and u may have to remove either the a/c unit or power steering depending on who does the swap

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
First off if your even thinking about upgrading the performace of your car you better just drop an automatic trans off your checklist and get a manual conversion.

The only place an automatic belongs is the drag strip, and thats pushing it.

Before you think about swapping engines out what kind of condition is your engine in? Do a compression check to see if a swap will even be worth it. F engines should have a compression check of 135-178 with the throttle wide open @ 250rpm, with no more than 20psi variance between cylns. I'm betting that my accord can hang with most H swaped accords as is, and if they are quicker than I am I'm sure its not by much. The good performing H22 isn't cheap. Do some research on how much engines cost.

Edit: check this out: YouTube - H22 Accord Swap & Test Drive
H22 Accord Swap & Test Drive 0-60 in what, like 10 seconds.(end of video)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Edit: check this out: YouTube - H22 Accord Swap & Test Drive
H22 Accord Swap & Test Drive 0-60 in what, like 10 seconds.(end of video)
Wow, that H could NOT have been tuned. That was slow as hell.

I am in agreement with MortsAccord. You should do a comp check to see where you sit and if it's within specs and not too badly beat on, you could make it a pretty damn nice motor for about the cost of an H. The F22A is a strong motor all you need to do is research it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts