Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okie Dokie people i will try to explain this as best as i can, so i can try to recieve the best help i can. My computer is in my upstairs (bonus room) at the front of the house. Now we have Time Warners Wireless Router in our downstairs dining room. My bouns room is blocked by a couple walls to reach the dining room. Now i have the d-link usb thing that connects my computer to the internet. I dont get very good reception. We cant move the router anywhere else because my mom and dad have their own computers and that was the only place that it could go that would get decent reception to everyone. Now my question is, what can i do to get better reception so my internet can run faster. The router itself is a B because they do not offer G. We tried using a router we bought but i t never worked. Can anyone help me in how to get better reception? Sorry its so long. And if getting a g router is a better idea and less hassle, then i will tell my parents and we can try that also.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
you can buy better antennas that replaces your wireless pci card's antenna. supposedly it will increase the reception. i never looked into it so don't take my word on it.

look into Linksys's G (or Speed Booster) router if you're planning to go that route. There is a linux firmware that you can install in the router that supposedly increase the performance of the router by 900%

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
yeah I would go with a Linksys G router, they have good reception after you upgrade the firmware

1 - 3 of 3 Posts