Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts

Directly out of the tank - not off of the line coming from the in tank pump. The regulator depends on the fuel pump - some require some do not. If it does - you can tee your fuel return line and feed it back through the factory return AFTER the stock FPR. Plumbing a BADASS nitrous system is half of the fun with spray. But it is also 3/4 of the hard work. Once you get it right - You shouldn't have any problems in the future.
HENRY

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Would this "dip" problem happen if the jetting was too rich??

I just had a friend of mine say he thinks this might be the problem....

(I am in the process of running the dedicated fuel pump, I'll let you know if this works)

· Registered
401 Posts

Jetting too rich would make the engine run with a bit less power. When the 'dip' would occur it would allow for some more ideal AFR's and produce a bit more power. then as the dip went away it would lose that power. Rich implies that your AFR's are already fat. Leaning produces more power to the point of too lean where there isn't more power but damage occuring.
HENRY

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ok I have it all wired/plumbed up now I have a i gallon fuel cell under the hood and the dip is gone.. :D
thanks for everyones help... :clappy

but now I upped the shot from a 150 to a 200 shot and I keep burning plugs.. just random plugs, no specific ones.. I tried adding fuel by drilling the jets but it still keeps burning them they are NGK BKR8E... timing pull is 6 degrees..
What is the benefit of running race fuel in the 1 gallon fuel cell? I just run 93 octane but I have heard of people running race fuel?

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
ok I have it all wired/plumbed up now I have a i gallon fuel cell under the hood and the dip is gone.. :D
thanks for everyones help... :clappy

but now I upped the shot from a 150 to a 200 shot and I keep burning plugs.. just random plugs, no specific ones.. I tried adding fuel by drilling the jets but it still keeps burning them they are NGK BKR8E... timing pull is 6 degrees..
What is the benefit of running race fuel in the 1 gallon fuel cell? I just run 93 octane but I have heard of people running race fuel?

whats your plug gap? If you are burning plugs you are either detonating, too lean, or both. I have a feeling you may have the wrong plugs also but I can't find the ones I'm thinking of. I'd first start by either pulling mroe timing or up your fuel octane. And with that high of a shot its no wonder you're detonating with 93 octane. The benefit to running race fuel is resistance to detonation..and the reasonthey do it with fuel cells is because a one gallon fuel cell weighs less than a 12 gallon tank mounted under the car

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
oops, those were the old plugs i used a long time ago...
The plugs i have now are ... NGK V-Power R5671A-8 .028 gap

So when they run race fuel, is it just the nitrous jets getting race fuel or the engine is also running on race fuel? I was under the impression you could run a 93 octane tune, then when you hit the nos the race fuel would come out of the fuel cell, only when nitrous is being used....:confused

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
So when they run race fuel, is it just the nitrous jets getting race fuel or the engine is also running on race fuel? I was under the impression you could run a 93 octane tune, then when you hit the nos the race fuel would come out of the fuel cell, only when nitrous is being used....:confused
in race cars teh nitrous system and the motor are feeding from the same fuel tank and they are jsut seeing race gas..are you saying that you run the motor on your stock tank and have your dedicated nitrous fuel pump pulling race gas out of a seperate tank for jsut when you spray?

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
in race cars teh nitrous system and the motor are feeding from the same fuel tank and they are jsut seeing race gas..are you saying that you run the motor on your stock tank and have your dedicated nitrous fuel pump pulling race gas out of a seperate tank for jsut when you spray?

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
double post ftl

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
No I just have 93 in the fuel cell and 93 in the tank also. I don't use race fuel yet.

your quote: "are you saying that you run the motor on your stock tank and have your dedicated nitrous fuel pump pulling race gas out of a seperate tank for jsut when you spray?"
I just thought that was how it worked...

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
No I just have 93 in the fuel cell and 93 in the tank also. I don't use race fuel yet.

your quote: "are you saying that you run the motor on your stock tank and have your dedicated nitrous fuel pump pulling race gas out of a seperate tank for jsut when you spray?"
I just thought that was how it worked...
ok..well..you need to run more octane..with tha thigh of a shot 93 isnt enough...and no..thats not generally how it works..top fuel and funny car will warm the car up on methanol alone, then they will activate the pump for the nitromethane..but thats a different story

· Registered
401 Posts
Higher octane fuel will help alleviate the problem. Check to make sure your getting proper pressure on the nitrous feed for the fuel, if it is running low that is your problem - of course your fuel filter for the nitrous fuel pump could be a little plugged up too.
HENRY

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I was messing with the fuel pressure regulator last night and it had some blockage in it. It was a bee or bug head that was cloggin it up. :rolleyes
It looked like it was clogging it up pretty good I pulled it out and I will try this again... i bet that was the problem..

· Registered
304 Posts
the fuel cell has dedicated line to just the fuel solenoid, right? If so, filling that cell with 107 octane or such would be a good idea, especially going to a 300 shot. This will help you engine resist detonation when the nitrous is going. (and if you wind up not needing the race gas, just use the 93 octane, to be sure you get enough fuel)

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
the fuel cell has dedicated line to just the fuel solenoid, right? If so, filling that cell with 107 octane or such would be a good idea, especially going to a 300 shot. This will help you engine resist detonation when the nitrous is going. (and if you wind up not needing the race gas, just use the 93 octane, to be sure you get enough fuel)
93 octane wouldnt be enough..even if 107 was too much..there is several octanes between 107 and 93 that he would want to try first..plus he could even mix 107 and 93 and depending on the ratio he would be between it..you could run gallons of 93 though that motor and it wouldnt be enough to prevent it from detonating

· Registered
304 Posts
well, the octane wasn't set in stone. I'm no octane expert and i was just using the number i saw earlier in this thread, it was more of a proof on concept on the plumbing. That concept is solid, isn't it (I think it sounds good, but I might be missing something)

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
his build and ideas have blown motor written all over it...but we'll see

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.