3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have this:
DC Sports DAC intake
DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Header

This is what I'm getting for sure:
Tein Basic Coilovers
RS*R ExMag Exhaust

Need more ideas... Think bolt on performance.

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whoops!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
so you have 2500 left to spend? you're into handling? how about some aftermarket sway bars, upper strut bar(s), upgrading the brakes, ss brake lines, highflow cat. Or if you're into the motor, you can looking into an EuroR IM, maybe cams and cam gears.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
For 2,500 I'd upgrade your internals if you can't afford to sleeve get type s pistons. I'd take the head off and have at least stage 2 port and polish done and replace the whole valvetrain. It might take the full 2500 but with a set of cams on top of that and you'd have way more power than just trying to find a good bolt on setup to try to get 20 hp. Just my opinion but trust me you'd probably be happier.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
2500 bucks I would probably work from the ground up.

Great set of 225/50/15 tires(350) with a inexpensive set of rims used.(300)
Tein SS (850)
Progress rear bar with adjustable endlinks (250)
Hawk HP+ brake pads (all four corners) with ATE dot 4 fluid. (125)
Neuspeed front strut bar (used) (50)
Aem V2 intake (220)
Test pipe (40)
Alignment (65) corner Weight (50)

have 200 bucks left over for what you might want to do next.

I will leave a 200 dollar buffer. This is what I would do with my prelude...and actually HAVE done. I could smoke the shit outa a modified prelude with only engine mods on a canyon road.....and on a road course....cause if you blew all the money into the engine....you are still left with shitty brake pads...shitty fluid...shitty tires.....and an engine that can possibly break down from a bad install...or have troubles getting it to run right. I advise against building an engine....usually it comes out costing lots....and not running correctly.

Reactions: N1PreludeSH

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's add a few more variables in here... 1) I'm going away to school so I just want some mods that are going to make the car more fun to drive. 2) I'm not looking for anything too drastic.

I had been looking at the Accord Euro-R IM, but didn't know what type of gains I would get from it. I was also thinking of getting the DC sports short shift adapter, cutting down my shifter a bit, maybe a new clutch/flywheel combo, ignition, Apex'i VAFC...

~Peace

·
Registered
296 Posts
^^^ well said internals and turbo

·
Registered
18 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Let's add a few more variables in here... 1) I'm going away to school so I just want some mods that are going to make the car more fun to drive. 2) I'm not looking for anything too drastic.

I had been looking at the Accord Euro-R IM, but didn't know what type of gains I would get from it. I was also thinking of getting the DC sports short shift adapter, cutting down my shifter a bit, maybe a new clutch/flywheel combo, ignition, Apex'i VAFC...

~Peace

Your ideas seem to be good enough for what you want. But instead of the Euro R, just get a Skunk2 Manifold--less problem with the sensors, as far as I have heard. And an AEM pulley kit; they are pretty good. Maybe an ignition and FPR. It may not do much, but it should add a little fun to your game.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Snakestyl said:
Your ideas seem to be good enough for what you want. But instead of the Euro R, just get a Skunk2 Manifold--less problem with the sensors, as far as I have heard. And an AEM pulley kit; they are pretty good. Maybe an ignition and FPR. It may not do much, but it should add a little fun to your game.
u obviously have done no research on the manifold. Save the money on fuel and ignition until you really need it.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
if you want something thats going to make your car more fun to drive while away at school just upgrade the suspension.
edit: i highly recomend looking into Forbiddens short shifter.
maybe get a high flo cat and an intake to match up with your exhaust and header combo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
98Vtec said:
u obviously have done no research on the manifold. Save the money on fuel and ignition until you really need it.

Okay, maybe I did not (like i said, "i heard"). Sorry. And he is right about the FPR and IGN when you think about it. Save that money until later. But, to clarify, what kind of fun are you looking for? Straight line, cornering, or a little of both? Where is your primary focus?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Teg 711 -- Contact RS*R... ExMag is full stainless steel

I contacted RS*R via E-mail and asked if the RS*R ExMag was full stainless... they replied.

"Scott,

The ExMag series is made from 409 stainless steel, which is also painted
black to create a good defense against rusting.

You are looking to get 4-5HP off our ExMag exhaust for the prelude.

Thanks,

Koji Ikeda"

I then mailed back

"Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I was reading on various online dealers website that the muffler and tip are stainless and the mid-pipe is mild steel. I know that the ExMag GT2 is full stainless, but I just want to purchase the "standard" ExMag. So they are incorrect? I'm a student that lives in the midwest and I really won't have money to replace my exhaust again for a couple of years.

Do you have pictures of the RS*R ExMag mounted on a 4th Generation Prelude (92-96)? I can't find any online.

Once again, thank you for the rapid reply! I've never had ANYONE reply that fast... definately a selling point for me!"

He then replied

"There are many descriptions that are incorrect. I will always suggest
to you that if you have questions regarding product for your car, to
contact the mfg directly, they usually have the best cust support and
knowledge of the product.

Thanks,

Koji Ikeda
RS*R
Director of Sales and Marketing"

So the RS*R ExMag is full stainless... so if it rusts, that one was a fakie... haha.

The turnaround time on E-Mail with RS*R WAS 25 MINUTES!!!!!!!!

~Peace

·
Registered
523 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts