Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright after many months of research and thinking of different combos, i think i finally decieded on what engine is best for me to swap. im pretty firm on swapping out the d for a b16a2 (outta the 99-00 civic si). from what ive heard, its a pretty straightforward swap. now ive found a "complete swap" for about $2000. pretty good price?

included is:
motor
5 speed trans
ecu
wiring harness

now im gonna be swapping this into a 98 civic lx. what else am i gonna need besides the mounts. the only other issue is that since the 5 speed trans is included, im gonna be ditching the auto trans outta my car. now what am i gonna need to do this?

thnx guys

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php - really good swap info. As for the manual conversion, if you get a complete swap, pretty much everything you need is there minus the minor wiring and pedal adjustments

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah ive been surfing that sight alot and just looking around the internet in general. but i kinda need to know the nitty gritty about the swap. like how easy on a scale from 1 to 10 is it to do (10 being really easy)? and just the detailsl on it.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
This is a very good writeup ...it's for a b18c into an EG but everything is identical...you will however need the rear tranny mount from a 99-00 Si I believe. The swap shoudl come with that though.

And the swap will be extremely easy...however...I hear the auto to manual can be a bitch.

And since you're buying a used motor don't forget to overlook general maintenance things that really should be done on a purchased used motor.....the cost adds up.

Things like:
-fluids (oil/coolant/tranny fluid)
-plugs/wires/cap/rotor
-timing belt/water pump
-and it would be a good idea to change the clutch if while the engine is out of the car...especially if you plan on upgrading later.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ive read that one when i first thought of the swap. i mean the swap seems pretty straightfoward (from what i hear and read) its just the auto to manual conversion is scaring me a little. the ones ive read about online generally say to steer clear of this conversion as it can be somewhat intimidating. i mean have u guys done one before, and how hard is it really? keep in mind im pretty mechanically inclined and im gonna be doing this witha guy whose swapped out 4 or 5 honda motors before. pretty good tag team.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am doing the auto-manual swap to and i have the pedals in and am almost done with everything inside of the car. The only thing i haven't done yet is move the tranny mount yet. It is the one on the frame of the car. I heard this on here and the guy said to drill out the spot welds and then drop the motor and trans in. Then tighten down the other two mounts and use self tapping screw to hold the manual tranny mount to the car. Then you will have to have the mount welded up. Most of the things i have heard is that the hatdest part is the pedals and i did that in my drive way in about 45min, so it wasn't as bad as i had heard but all of this is on a 1994 honda civic. Later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.