Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all BOV the same are some louder than others or does it depend on how much boost you run? I want a BOV that's louder than my exhaust.

What is the loudest BOV?

Would it be louder just because more pressure is being released?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
fivepointhustla said:
Are all BOV the same are some louder than others or does it depend on how much boost you run? I want a BOV that's louder than my exhaust.

What is the loudest BOV?

Would it be louder just because more pressure is being released?
they all vary
greddy type s sounds like a clash of swords IMO lol
blitz sounds like a wooosh....
turboxs RFL is just loud
check out www.blowoffvalves.com

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
some bov's are louder than others.
the turboxs RFL and Tial bov's are the loudest out there.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
hmm loud BOV sorda sems ricy. . . ."sitting at a stop light. . .vroom (LOUD) PSSSSSS. . . .. .vroom (LOUD) PSSSSS. . . . ." i dunno bov's already sound cool u dont need to overexaderate

but hey this is just IMO

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
slim-tim said:
hmm loud BOV sorda sems ricy. . . ."sitting at a stop light. . .vroom (LOUD) PSSSSSS. . . .. .vroom (LOUD) PSSSSS. . . . ." i dunno bov's already sound cool u dont need to overexaderate

but hey this is just IMO
its pretty hard to go into boost in neutral :eek:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
igo4bmx said:
its pretty hard to go into boost in neutral :eek:
You'd be surprised..... . :eek:

Anywho, my turboXS was pretty cheap ~ $100, and it's damn loud, my freind can hear it when I'm following him in his WRX, and that's with his loud-ass (but in a REEEAAALLLY good way) exhaust.:eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
the only way i can boost in neutral (i have a mad small turbo)
is:
1. if i boost in gear and then put the clutch in a rev, the turbo is already spooled so the bov goes off
2. if i rev the piss out of my engine several times and its just a small sound, you can barley hear it over the over revved engine
3. if i let the clutch out a bit and hold the brake and rev
ive only done this once and i will never do it again, it fries your clutch and will cause hot spots on the flywheel

if you wanna have a good bov sound when your stopped buy an automatic.

btw, that was with the hks ssqv bov

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
civperc said:
I can't stand the HKS SS or Blitz. Both are ineffective by design and don't sound that great. I recommend the GReddy Type-S.
i have a greddy type s and have the strangest problem.. my BOV makes a weird whissling sound when i let off the throttle. its so annoying im thinking about the blitz of tial BOVs

·
Registered
28 Posts
greddy type-s' are really nice....i think that hks ssq is nice also...damn A BOV is a BOV! if it works..cool! STOCK!! STOCK BOV ARE COOL!!! j/k...i dunno..please excuse me if i say anything offensive or dumb...i just got diagnosed with "LEAD POISONING" and it really sucks cuz i have to shit like every half hour...ok ok back to the topic..i've tried both type-s and ssq and i like both of them...i think they cost about the same? (correct me if im wrong, $250.00 or up)..if you need a good one but at low cost turbo xs on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2441881125

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
hondactr said:
i just got diagnosed with "LEAD POISONING" and it really sucks cuz i have to shit like every half hour...ok ok back to the topic..
LMFAO sorry bout teh poisoning but thast fucking funny

·
Registered
120 Posts
don't worry too much about the lead poisoning... it's only really serious for kids. It affects brain development :eek:

Get it out of your system by whatever means the doctors gave you though. If it stays in there too long it will get absorbed by your bones and then leech out slowly for the rest of your life

No worries though... :D

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
hondactr said:
i just got diagnosed with "LEAD POISONING" and it really sucks cuz i have to shit like every half hour...
gahahahahahaha!!! sorry man, that sucks but....GAhHAHAHAHAHahHA!!!

you also need to choose a bov that will fit your boost range. Some are designed for low boost pressures and some are designed for high boost pressures.

example:

type-s = low boost up to about 20psi

type-r = high boost from about 18psi on up

just due to the spring tension on the diaphram is all.

·
Registered
597 Posts
i wouldnt go for a loud bov myself, the novelty wears off when youre doing lots of morotrway drivin.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts