Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah read about it in Game Informer... I think I can wait on this one...

They eliminated Drag mode, supposedly. They didn't think it was necessary :bash

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Need for speed has sucked balls since Hotpursuit 2.

Too much bullshit and fluff is in the game now, and wtf is with all the night time shit.

I want to drive at 160+ down a two lane highway in a 997 GT3 dodging traffic while being chased by the cops and racing a few other supercars at the same time, in the DAY TIME!

Fuck the bodykits, stickers, upgrades, and bs modes.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
The only good NFS games IMO were High Stakes and Porsche Unleased because I could damage my opponents cars and slow them down. After a race, the "repair" button was so cool, but it always drained my funds. It was great motivation to drive without hitting anything and it led to the games lasting appeal for me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah I think for a game with as much detail as this game, they should at least include damage...

NFS: Most Wanted was in the day time

Still body-kits, stickers & all that crap though.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
3 things to know about NFS Carbon:

1. It will suck.

2. It will suck more.

3. It probably will suck so bad I won't give it a second chance, because NFS = conufsed racing title rushed by EA in order to generate revenue.

·
Registered
349 Posts
need for speed carbon-xbox360

wasn't game stop giving away some sorta code to get the rx7 in this game if you reserve it through them or some shit? if you have that code please pm me with it and ill give you some rep

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Ive enjoyed the last two need for speeds. Even though I didnt pay for them. I played them thoroughly. Good graphics, fun, semi decent stories (hell better than fast and the furious gays) and pretty sweet ass audio if you ask me.

With a lot of the games coming off with zingy , modular , midi file type excursions of audio into the high rev range. Rather than work with a true audio file as I suspect is done here. I find the true audio more pleasing , than a accurate representation of the rpm range. Which is nearly pointless, gt4.

But youll also find some big exxagerations with blow offs and insert microphone into the exhaust type loudness....

Also im playing this on pc both times , I also went out and bought the logitech usb controller.

Which BTW is pretty good but is going to get owned up by the microsoft XBOX 360 controller for pc. Which simply takes the 360 controller and make it usb and software for a pc. Should be pretty F'ing tight , cause now you can really use a nice console controller without any sort of quirks.

Anyhow , if I would have paid for it im not sure how I would feel. But im kinda biased towards car games and always look towards the brighter sides of the game rather than the negative.....AT least most of the time I try to. Until I play the game too long or something really is out of place...which I havent seen on need for speed.

Its a long running franchise. Also the first need for speed on playstation was just pure badass. Thats all that needs to be said. I loved going through the stats section. I about pooped myself when I saw the playstation cdrom being put to good use there.

Ill be on the prowl for dling this sucker again , but yeah I wont be alloting any money to this game. Hell , I got ff12 to worry about and I just bought bf2142 so lets just say the gaming budget has been shot to hell. Also before that was ceasar IV , gosh that game rules. I played the old one like crazy too...lol , came out like 10 year earlier. That was the good ol sho days then I tell yah.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
NFS Carbon opens shop on XBL
Premium unlockable content for Xbox 360 street racer available on Xbox Live; $10 gets gamers collector's-edition bonuses.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Nov 1, 2006 3:59 pm PT
Car enthusiasts know that their hobby costs a pretty penny. Whether it's adding shiny new rims, a souped-up drivetrain, or just some fuzzy dice to the auto, those who love their cars are willing to spend what it takes to make their rides truly unique.

Electronic Arts is giving the same sense of ride-pimping--albeit to a lesser degree--to gamers. Now available on Xbox Live Marketplace is a host of premium unlockable content for the just-released Xbox 360 racer, Need for Speed Carbon.

The biggest addition racers can pony up for is the Collector's Edition Upgrade. Those who bought the standard edition of NFS Carbon, only to wish they had spent an extra 10 bucks for the bonus content in the Collector's Edition, can download the extra goodies from XBL Marketplace for a 10-spot, or 800 points. Included in the download are 12 new tracks, six new challenge series missions, and 10 exclusive cars, including a 1992 Nissan 240SX and a 2006 Koenigsegg CCX.

The rest of the content is part of EA's premium unlockable content plan--that is, instead of playing through games to unlock things naturally, lazy rich gamers can simply buy them. The list is below.

EA has taken this path with microtransactions in other games, including Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 and The Godfather.

Need for Speed Carbon on the Xbox 360 is rated E for Everyone and retails for $59.99.

Downloadable content for Need for Speed:

800 points ($10)
Collector's Edition Upgrade
Ultimate Performance Bundle (includes all three performance bundles)

400 points ($5)
Performance Drivetrain Bundle
Performance Engine Boost Bundle
Performance Handling Bundle

200 points (2.50)
Muscle Car Autosculpt Body Kit
Tuner Car Autosculpt Body Kit
Exotic Car Autosculpt Body Kit

80 points ($1)
1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10
via gamespot.com
The demo on Xbox Marketplace looked and played well but after learning that EA is offering shit that should of been in the game for more $ im not buying this crap.

·
Registered
984 Posts
mike_sho said:
Ive enjoyed the last two need for speeds. Even though I didnt pay for them. I played them thoroughly. Good graphics, fun, semi decent stories (hell better than fast and the furious gays) and pretty sweet ass audio if you ask me.

With a lot of the games coming off with zingy , modular , midi file type excursions of audio into the high rev range. Rather than work with a true audio file as I suspect is done here. I find the true audio more pleasing , than a accurate representation of the rpm range. Which is nearly pointless, gt4.

But youll also find some big exxagerations with blow offs and insert microphone into the exhaust type loudness....

Also im playing this on pc both times , I also went out and bought the logitech usb controller.

Which BTW is pretty good but is going to get owned up by the microsoft XBOX 360 controller for pc. Which simply takes the 360 controller and make it usb and software for a pc. Should be pretty F'ing tight , cause now you can really use a nice console controller without any sort of quirks.

Anyhow , if I would have paid for it im not sure how I would feel. But im kinda biased towards car games and always look towards the brighter sides of the game rather than the negative.....AT least most of the time I try to. Until I play the game too long or something really is out of place...which I havent seen on need for speed.

Its a long running franchise. Also the first need for speed on playstation was just pure badass. Thats all that needs to be said. I loved going through the stats section. I about pooped myself when I saw the playstation cdrom being put to good use there.

Ill be on the prowl for dling this sucker again , but yeah I wont be alloting any money to this game. Hell , I got ff12 to worry about and I just bought bf2142 so lets just say the gaming budget has been shot to hell. Also before that was ceasar IV , gosh that game rules. I played the old one like crazy too...lol , came out like 10 year earlier. That was the good ol sho days then I tell yah.
Ahhh man why you buy bf2142?

Anyways, I played this for the DS and its the best ds racer so far minus mario kart. But I been wanting to play this for cube or pc.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
AznImports602 said:
Yup, pretty much everything created by EA sucks!

Black and white and black and white 2 > you!

<3 EA games. They put out consistently good games minus a few franchise titles. They will get NFS right imo, it will just take some time for them to get through the rice phase ~

I think they are starting to go in the right direction though. With exotics, muscle and imports they are going to try to appease all the sides of the cube.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
No they dont have it right.

The sound is the best thing they have going for them. This ricer shit really needs to end, even tho you dont have to rice the car.

So does carbon have day time or is it still only night?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
NegroDamus said:
No they dont have it right.

The sound is the best thing they have going for them. This ricer shit really needs to end, even tho you dont have to rice the car.

So does carbon have day time or is it still only night?

Looks like its just night but I cant say for sure.

The difference in handling is really there in this one also which is another step in the right direction. Playing the demo is all Ive done though so they may end up making the handling all the same again.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
jhwee said:
Yeah read about it in Game Informer... I think I can wait on this one...

They eliminated Drag mode, supposedly. They didn't think it was necessary :bash
Drag mode sucked anyways... i didnt play it on most wanted but on the 2 underground games, the whole 'click button to change lanes' thing was retarded. If they're going to bring out drag mode... it really needs to be free - steering.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
AznImports602 said:
Ahhh man why you buy bf2142?

Anyways, I played this for the DS and its the best ds racer so far minus mario kart. But I been wanting to play this for cube or pc.
????? 2142 ???? Did I do something wrong in doing so. Im a battlefield freak. Ive purchased every single bf and expansion pack offered. Its just plain fun.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.