Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some suggestions on some good tire cleaners. I ran out of the stp son of a gun stuff which is probably from 1998.

I prefer something other then foaming stuff and nothing that will crack or ruin the compound of the tires.

I already have some meguiars high gloss, just need some cleaners. I've been looking at Eagle One, Meguiars, Mothers, Black Magic, Armorall, etc... Any recommendations?

Also, I have some NXT Tech Protect that i use for the interior. Bottle says it works with rubber/tires, is it safe?

·
Registered
864 Posts
So you're looking for a cleaner, not a shiner right? Any tire cleaner would work fine, as long as you have a tire scrub brush. I've been using the Advanced Auto Tire Cleaner as of late, and it works well.

I used to have a bottle of Griot's Garage tire cleaner, that stuff worked wonders as well.

As long as you have a good brush, I think the cleaners will work about the same.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
i used bleach white and a brush to clean my tires, then I spray it off after I brush the tires w/ the bleach white. Then I used tire shine. Works really well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
btw...if you tires are cracking..you might need to replace them. but i just use miild soap on my tires...works wonders. but all tires get harder to clean over time. just a tire with less groovese in the sidewall..IE...not Kumho 711...and maybe Flaken Azeni or BFG gforce kdw nt

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
NXT Tire Cleaner

another

Simple Green Extreme

Then the topper.

High pressure washer.

All of these are good at getting those tires nice and clean.

I then use nxt tire shine. Stuff lasts forever , comes easily out of aerosol can.

But yeah take any of the cleaners above , then use the high pressure washer and youll have the cleanest , blackest tires around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.