Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, to be quick about it....

friend's got a 92-95 hatch, with jdm b16a2 swap. Swap's worked fine for 2 years, but today he just pulled out a crushed spark plug and realized it screwed up the valves in the head.

What's a good replacement head, and where all can we get one? (wouldn't hurt to gain a little performance, but don't know what'll work)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man, we looked a little further. more problems found, but at least now the head doesn't appear to be fucked.

it looks like a piston jumped up and shattered the plug, cuz there's definitely a slice in the top of the 2nd piston.

we're looking at cheap ways to fix it versus an n/a build-up. This thing looks nowhere NEAR as bad as mine when I blew it, so I hope there's an easy fix.

Somebody please tell me you can just put in #2 piston from a junkyard..:D :confused: Anyway, I spent 4 grand on my sohc and I think he's getting in way over his head with only 1k to spend.

(o, and jayman320, thanks for the offer, we might be interested in your gsr head with itr valvetrain... gotta find a fine line between performance and cash flow though)

O>>> what would it be if I took the bore to 3.209

would that be boring it 30 over? I think stock is 2.953, right?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I beleive you are going to need a JDM piston, but maybe this is an opportunity to drop in some CTR pistons or some aftermarket pistons?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FOR CTR, anybody know what bore, stroke, rod length, compression height, compression ratio, or cc's that I have to match specs with????

I really wouldn't mind building it to type R standards.... or better

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
CTR specnicals:
compression ratio - 10:1
capacity - 1595cc

thats about all i know, but my HyperREV has pics of B16B compared to B16A & the B16B rods look to be longer than the B16A.

compression ratio goes up quite alot when PCT CTR pistons are inserted. approximate comp ratio (thanks to FF Squad) is
"11.1:1 ish".
P73 Jspec (ITR i think) pistons in B16A is approximately
"10.6-7:1ish"

Hope this helps you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts