Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tyres are wearing badly on the inside edges - they're now bald. I realise this is a result of having the car sitting low. The inside edges are working really hard - there are crease marks, and one of the sidewalls has split. So I'm badly overdue for new tyres.

I took my car in to check a few things out that were concerning me, apart from this (clunking noises from the front sussy, etc....), and I discovered a lot more is needing attention than I originally thought.

So apart from needing a new shock mount and endlinks for the front swaybar, I discover that I will need front and rear alignment adjustment kits to fix the tyre wear issue. I'd like to get this before, or very soon after I get new tyres. The kits I need are replacement control arms, and are fully adjustable.

My problem is that these are so damn expensive - I was quoted approx. AUS$1.5k front and AUS$600 rear, so I was thinking, maybe if I can source them from somewhere (international, e.g. U.S.) and take it back to get them istalled I may save a bit.

I have been doing a bit of searching around and found some kits that would suit. Basically I've put it down to getting something from Skunk 2, SPC, Ingalls or Omni Power kits for the front and rear camber kits. Any other brands you would recommend?

Being in Australia and new to sourcing parts from overseas, I'm after some local knowledge. What do you guys think of these sites:

Import Auto Performance
Just Air Bag It!
Modacar

Are there any other stores/places that you would recommend I check out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dude

check ebay and ( I might be wrong ) but you are talking about a camber kit right to fix the camber anyway just saying if you search for that more items will come up than if you use allignment kit.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
you cant go wrong with the omnipower camber kit. I got mine for about 150 bucks, and my car is slammed. The only tire problems i have is the rear which will be fixed with the GSR brake swap :ninja

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.