Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 95 GSR and while i was driving my ABS light came on. The brakes feels good no problems at all the fluid level is normal what can this be?

but here is what i really need where can i find the OBD 1 connector so i can plug in my scanner? i couldnt find it today

Also i want to install some killing switches does any one know where i can hook them up and how?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
spoonrevs said:
i just bought a 95 GSR and while i was driving my ABS light came on. The brakes feels good no problems at all the fluid level is normal what can this be?

but here is what i really need where can i find the OBD 1 connector so i can plug in my scanner? i couldnt find it today

Also i want to install some killing switches does any one know where i can hook them up and how?
u own a "scantool" or a codereader? if u own a scantool u should knoe that only obd2 hondas have DLC connectors. i havent seen a scantool adapter on either the snapon scantool or the OTC genisis i use at work.obd1 have the connector on the passenger side u have to jump the codes and count flashes.

the kill switch...choose wat u wanna disable and run a splice...wat do u wanna cut off? fuel,spark, or battery power?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asianpride559 said:
u own a "scantool" or a codereader? if u own a scantool u should knoe that only obd2 hondas have DLC connectors. i havent seen a scantool adapter on either the snapon scantool or the OTC genisis i use at work.obd1 have the connector on the passenger side u have to jump the codes and count flashes.

the kill switch...choose wat u wanna disable and run a splice...wat do u wanna cut off? fuel,spark, or battery power?
ya thats whay i figure i have snap on i dint know if they had connector for those or not i heard u can jump with paper clips u know how to do it like this? also i figure out how to kill the fuel pump

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
spoonrevs said:
ya thats whay i figure i have snap on i dint know if they had connector for those or not i heard u can jump with paper clips u know how to do it like this? also i figure out how to kill the fuel pump
u have the snap on "red brick" im not sure if u can get abs codes though with a obd1 honda but its workth a try. it should be a 2 wire blue connector thats inside a green plastic thingy in ur passenger side look for it. by the ecu or somewhere there.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
it could be your abs sensors....i had major abs probs when i bought my car and ended up having to replace the entire system and sensors....

and if u kill something, it should be fuel imo

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asianpride559 said:
u have the snap on "red brick" im not sure if u can get abs codes though with a obd1 honda but its workth a try. it should be a 2 wire blue connector thats inside a green plastic thingy in ur passenger side look for it. by the ecu or somewhere there.

yeah i have the shit. im take pics of it later on today n show you. but in my snap on tool kit there no connector for that. this shit sucks lol. some one gotta show me how to do it with the paper clip.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the same problem i had to replace all four wheel sensors, it was like 600 bucks, it sux, just fro ABS, but i had to cause i live in chicago and there is snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts