Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my gf's civic is acting really goofy. First of all its a 97 EX.

So, here's the story. First of all we never ever lock the door with the alarm, I always lock it by hand and so does she and that is exactly how i locked it last nite. Well today I go to unlock it with the remote, like usual, and I'm pretty sure it unlocks because I was able to open the door. However, the moment i open the door the alarm goes off. I'm like WTF, so i shut the door really quick and hit the lock button to make it stop and it actually works. Then i try to unlock it with the remote and i get nothing. So I unlock it with the key and open the door and the alarm goes off again so I shut it and lock it with the remote again. Inside the car you could see the dome lite flickering, so once again I unlocked it, opened it up, alarm went off again, and i turned the dome lite completely off and locked it up again. The unlock button on the remote is still not working. So i buy a new battery just to make sure it isn't the remote and still nothing. Now I'm thinking i mite just lock myself in the car and try to pull some fuses and see what happens, but this probably wont fix the actual problem. What the hell is happening to her car and how should I fix it????????

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
88 rex said:
The unlock button on the remote is still not working. So i buy a new battery just to make sure it isn't the remote and still nothing.
well, the problem wouldn't be the battery if the lock button still works. perhaps the remote is faulty and the unluck button has a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts