Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was doing the brakes today on my car and I did the front brakes really easy, but now I have a little problem with the rear calipers. How do I push the piston back? I tried forcing it back but all I did was nothing. If my mind doesn't fail me once I read in the old SHO that you had to use a special tool to push it back. If so, what is it and where do I get it? Or is there a way to push them back without the tool?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Explain off...

Off as in disengaging it normally from inside the car or if I removed the e-brake mechanism from the calipers?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Disengaged normally from inside the car.

If it's on, it's going to be pushing the calipers out.

It was the first thing I could think of. The only thing that sets the rear brakes apart from the front AFAIK.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's disengaged, that's the first thing I did after I raised the car. Also the master cylinder's cap is off so there is no pressure on the lines.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
listen, when youre in there (the wheel well) look on the brake, theres a silver or gold pin on there with a flat head screw driver slot, that has to be turned to release the pressure so you can remove the pad- youll know what im talking about as soon as you see it, its the only thing under there that looks like that-

just check this out: http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/brakes/rearpads/rearpads.html believe it or not, the NSX brakes are almost exactly the same as the si's- hope this helped, have fun- peace

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice article myflysi thanks! What I needed was the special tool to turn the piston back into the caliper. I called my friend and he had it and brought it to my house and all was done in 15 mins.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Kike_Si said:
Nice article myflysi thanks! What I needed was the special tool to turn the piston back into the caliper. I called my friend and he had it and brought it to my house and all was done in 15 mins.
no problem bro- im glad it all worked out- peace :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts