Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've been searching high and low for a muffler, but am coming up high and dry. I don't want to go to my local shops since they charge WAY too much (kind of a small city). I've checked out most of the SHO sponsors, and they only sell exhaust systems. Tried Google, same thing again. Tried eBay, and most of the mufflers I've found that I like, don't have a bracket for welding to the car. I'm not going to weld one onto the muffler, because that weakens the metal of the muffler, and it will probably break. I know this 'cuz it's already happened to me :mad

So basically I need to know some good places to get a decent brand muffler ONLY. It must come with a bracket or at least a clamp. I'm getting an OBX header soon, so that gives you an idea of my price range I hope.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have a universal muffler from vibrant performance. it has a brackets welded to it so it will will bolt up to the car but you would have to take it exhaust shope and get it welded to you exhuast. it has been used to 500 miles ill let it go for $30 plus shipping.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
My friend has a Spoon muffler from axle-back w hanger on it already. It was for his 02' Si but I test-fitted it onto my CRX Si 88' and it fit pretty much it aligned pretty good but you would have to go to a shop to get it to fit JUST right. I think he wants like $300 for it though. Dont know ur wallet size for a muffler. Its authentic Spoon though. Spoon=$$$$$

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CRX 2 NV said:
check out this thread

www.ht.com/zerothread?id=1083089

you know what the ht stands for ;)
Wow that's an awesome thread! So many nice exhausts... Most of the are cat-backs though. I don't want to do that since a) they're pretty expensive, and I don't want to spend hundreds. And, b) paying extra to get overpriced piping that doesn't fit perfect, just isn't worth it.

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ScorpioMk said:
get whatever universal muffler u want and use a hanger like this

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=167421&prmenbr=361

it says it fits around 5-6 inch cans and doesnt need welding. theres also a pic to see what it looks like around a muffler

http://www.jegs.com/photos/64210122on.jpg
Hey you know, that's pretty cool! I saw those clamps before, but it was put on the middle of the muffler, and looked kinda stupid. This one I like though! It's perfect since I really want a tubular, straight through, free flowing design :)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
a friend of mine had a Vibrant muffler on his 90 Si. it looked really nice(as in fit nice and snug) and sounded great, had i not put some shity muffler on my CRX i'd buy it from ya streetlegalcat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.