Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guy,s it's time for me to change my suspension but I'm having problems on which one to get. I drive my to everyday so I'm looking for a smooth suspension, not to soft but not to firm, any replies will be really helpful, thanks.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Thanks, how much would they costa dn where can I buy them.
ebay and prices vary.

the cheapest i would go on a strut and shock combo would be tokico's blue's. koni's are mildly adjustable though and the next best thing to an adjustable coilover. if you really want to know alot about suspension pm white98ls(derek) or ultramagnetical ( he tunes suspension's professionally"

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm actually looking to buy a full coilover with adjustable strut, I just don't know which one to buy, ride quality with a good price, about PM, i don't even know how to do that, sorry I don't use computers alot.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Well I'm actually looking to buy a full coilover with adjustable strut, I just don't know which one to buy, ride quality with a good price, about PM, i don't even know how to do that, sorry I don't use computers alot.
you said you wanted comfort and if this is a street car, fully adjustable coilovers are kind of over kill unless you take this car to the track. you have to have the car professionally adjusted every time you change the settings on coilovers. that's why alot of street guys use koni yellows with a decent set of springs. much better than stock and not as much of a headache as coilovers.
how much money you got? if you do go coilover route?

pm means private message. just search there names using the search button at the top of the page. and click their names. the option to send a private message will come up

btw a nice set of coilovers, get ready to spend 1200+ dollars and that's for entry level

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, well my car is daily driven but in the future it will be in the track (sometime next year) I'm working on getting another car for work so I can put the car in the garage to built the motor. About the full suspension, is function form type 2 a good suspension or not (smooth ride). And what about a koni yellow with coilover sleeves, like GC. How much do you think would they cost, will it be cheaper to go with full suspention or go ith the koni yellow set up, thanks. Looking to spend about $800 the most.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
koni yellow with springs will give you a definite bonus over stock setup. they aren't generic suspension components, they're really nice. just research different setups. suspension is also a good portion preference. some swear by tein others swear by megan, etc. like i said talk to ultramagnetical or derek. but koni yellows and springs would be definitely cheaper than a nice coilover setup. like i said a nice entry coilover will cost you 1200+

· Registered
8,144 Posts
Responded to your text but we'll keep it going here. As I mentioned there, you have to decide how much of a compromise you want in comfort vs. sport. Luckily the GC coilovers can be had with virtually any spring rate you want - this would be a great entry-level option. With 380/350 spring rates mine is a good balance... a little rough on bad roads for passengers but it doesn't bother me personally. A GC/Koni Yellow combo would run you about $1k or so, give or take. Don't forget cash to get it aligned and hopefully corner-balanced as well. Also don't get too excited about raising it up and down whenever you want - this will throw off your alignment and corner balancing each time you change the ride height. Find a height you want, get the alignment and balancing, and then "set it and forget it".

Since you're local, you should come out to some autocrosses here first before deciding on a suspension setup. Season is about to start up and there are already some preseason events going on. Western Washington Sports Car Council

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, that would be too much on my budget, well I undestand that everytime I adjust the height I have to redo my allignment. The reason why I want to go with the coilover is because I don't want to get a lower spring and not be happy after I put it on, I mean my car is really low right now, but I like it that way, It just made it more low when I put the mugen lip. I mean I can't even go throgh a bump right now. I actually look at the koni yellow and it's $500 bucks just for the strut. Ok I want a suspension thats now bouncy and not too stiff, what can I get with 800 bucks, thanks. I will defenitely wanted to check those events.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Wow, that would be too much on my budget, well I undestand that everytime I adjust the height I have to redo my allignment. The reason why I want to go with the coilover is because I don't want to get a lower spring and not be happy after I put it on, I mean my car is really low right now, but I like it that way, It just made it more low when I put the mugen lip. I mean I can't even go throgh a bump right now. I actually look at the koni yellow and it's $500 bucks just for the strut. Ok I want a suspension thats now bouncy and not too stiff, what can I get with 800 bucks, thanks. I will defenitely wanted to check those events.
megan coilovers are the lowest quality i would go. godspeed goes for 600 but they look scary. megan's go for 850-920

· Registered
39,372 Posts
megan coilovers are the lowest quality i would go. godspeed goes for 600 but they look scary. megan's go for 850-920
tein basics for the integra can be found for around 800. obviously flex or ss coils would go for significantly more.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I heard so many bad things about megan racing, I don't really wanna mess with that, so can anyone tell me how's the f2 suspension. I heard alot of good things about them but i wanted to here it from somebody that have this on thier car, thanks for all you guy's replies.

· Registered
39,372 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for tanabe? yeah. they're decent they def aren't ebay brand

Well does it mean that if they sell it on ebay it's crappy. I just never bought anything on ebay. Sometimes they claim to be authentic but it's actually knock off, thats the reason why I don't buy anything on ebay. You get what you pay for.

So your're telling me that it's worth buying it then, right. I found one for $800 bucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.