Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
bob12345 said:
Got the passenger one out fine, but the drivers side axle won't come out for shit. it's a 2000 type SH. Any tricks, hints, or advice?
Well, I have a huge screw driver and what I usually do is once I have the wheel out as well as the whole suspension I position the screw driver at the top of the engine where it could grip and use the body of the screw driver to hit carefully "like hammering" without damaging until it comes out.

Be careful... there are three screws on the extension arm.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Freakin'H22A said:
Well, I have a huge screw driver and what I usually do is once I have the wheel out as well as the whole suspension I position the screw driver at the top of the engine where it could grip and use the body of the screw driver to hit carefully "like hammering" without damaging until it comes out.

Be careful... there are three screws on the extension arm.
thanks, but that's pretty much what I've been doing. and I don't have the extension arm, I have ATTS in there too.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so hows this for weird....After messing with if for a couple hours with no luck, I just went back out there, and the thing practicly fell out...

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
bob12345 said:
so hows this for weird....After messing with if for a couple hours with no luck, I just went back out there, and the thing practicly fell out...

Thanks for the help
i hate when that happens... but i also love when that happens. its a special bond between man and car :hehe

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe I'll give the transmission a break for the night and hope it just falls out tomorrow morning. :hehe

It's suspended by the tranny housing between the front beam, and the piece that the lower arm attaches to on the inside. Been shifting it all over the place for a while now and haven't gotten enough room to drop it out.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
bob12345 said:
maybe I'll give the transmission a break for the night and hope it just falls out tomorrow morning. :hehe

It's suspended by the tranny housing between the front beam, and the piece that the lower arm attaches to on the inside. Been shifting it all over the place for a while now and haven't gotten enough room to drop it out.
did you drop the front subframe?

its a PITA to remove the tranny without doing that. even with a lift

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crdcz03 said:
did you drop the front subframe?

its a PITA to remove the tranny without doing that. even with a lift
I'm about to go do that, it was getting late last night. I figure that will make it a ton easier to get it back up there too

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
bob12345 said:
I'm about to go do that, it was getting late last night. I figure that will make it a ton easier to get it back up there too
let me know how you get yours back in and how long it takes... it took me and a friend like 45 minutes :eek:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it came out with the axle.

What the hell size are the screws holding the pressure plate in there? they're some kind of weird reverse torx bolt or something.....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright, the tranny is back in finally. I don't have it completely bolted up, but it's pretty close. I think I got one of the bolts cross threaded that goes on the rear engine mount though. :bash Unfortunately I don't have time to dick around with it, so I'll just have to run it in there and fix the threads another time.

Anyway, I think all together it took about 3 hours by myself to get it up there and mostly bolted up. This included realizing that I forgot to put the throwout bearing in when I first started to lift it up there. :rolleyes That cost me probably half an hour. Not bad I guess for the first time doing it. With any luck I'll never have to do this in the car again :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.