Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a dumbass asking you guys this, but f**k it!!

I have 2 6" Neuspeed stickers that I recieved from Neuspeed. I was just looking at them and can not figure out how the hell they stick to the window. I peeled the corner and nothing even feels sticky :confused: So, how the hell do tehy stick if they aren't sticky?

I will be putting them on in the morning when I clean the car and windows. They do go on the exterior of the window right? Just don't see how :eek:

I would rather ask and know how to do it, then get out there and f**k 1 up and not be able to put the other on :p

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GhostRider said:
every sticker i've ever had for the windows (i.e. simpsons stickers, mxpx stickers) always had the "stickiness" to them but i've heard that some decals need you to spray the window with water first (light coat) and place the sticker on and position it how you want it and it will dry stuck to the window.
good luck man, hope this helps,
btw, the instructions i gave are the ones that came with my SOHC VTEC decals ;)
ghost
OK, that may explain why the sticker is not sticky :p

I'll try it out and let you all know tommorrow :)

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Do the decals you're talking about have 2 sides of lining on them? You peel one side off, then press the entire thing onto the window, body, ect. and then use a credit card or something and smooth it out.. Then you peel the 2nd liner off of the body, and nothing but the letters are left on.. It's kind of hard to explain, but I can do a better job if you need it..

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
97CIVICoupe said:
Do the decals you're talking about have 2 sides of lining on them? You peel one side off, then press the entire thing onto the window, body, ect. and then use a credit card or something and smooth it out.. Then you peel the 2nd liner off of the body, and nothing but the letters are left on.. It's kind of hard to explain, but I can do a better job if you need it..
One side is clear and as smooth as a babies ass. The other is cloudy looking and kind of rough. I peeled the 2 apart to get to the letters on the inside and they are not sticky (just checked again by peeling a good bit back) ....It's like the sticker is not sticky, but the cloudy piece that peels away from the sticked is :confused:

This is really not making any sense to me right now :confused:

I think I kind of see what you are saying though.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
LX98Civic said:

One side is clear and as smooth as a babies ass. The other is cloudy looking and kind of rough. I peeled the 2 apart to get to the letters on the inside and they are not sticky (just checked again by peeling a good bit back) ....It's like the sticker is not sticky, but the cloudy piece that peels away from the sticked is :confused:

This is really not making any sense to me right now :confused:

I think I kind of see what you are saying though.
OK, the letters are stuck to the cloudy side, correct? You want to peel off the clear part, so the letters are exposed on the cloudy side.. Then apply the sticky side of the cloudy part onto the window (or whatever). Then you smooth it all out and peel off the cloudy part, letters will be left on the window.. Make sure you smooth it out real good and press hard.. And make sure you peel the cloudy part off slowly too..

· Registered
1,668 Posts
make sure its semi-warm - because if you try to put it on when its freezing cold, its not going to work - use a blow dryer to heat up the cars surface or the sticker. Only use water if you want to be able to slide it up and down while applying it. If its not a big sticker - then you shouldn't need water. Use something flat to press the air bubbles out from underneath the vinyl (like a credit card) let it sit and pull the contact paper off slowly - make sure the edges of the vinyl are stuck to the car.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
97CIVICoupe said:

OK, the letters are stuck to the cloudy side, correct?

Nope, the letters are on the clear smooth side.

You want to peel off the clear part, so the letters are exposed on the cloudy side..

When I start to peel the 2 apart, the letters stay on the clear part and the sticky cloudy side comes off on it's own.
I even touched the letters and they are NOT sticky at all. Maybe this is the water one as mentioned above :confused:

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OhSoFast said:
make sure its semi-warm - because if you try to put it on when its freezing cold, its not going to work - use a blow dryer to heat up the cars surface or the sticker. Only use water if you want to be able to slide it up and down while applying it. If its not a big sticker - then you shouldn't need water. Use something flat to press the air bubbles out from underneath the vinyl (like a credit card) let it sit and pull the contact paper off slowly - make sure the edges of the vinyl are stuck to the car.
I think this is the way to put on this sticker!!

I'll give it a try tomm. I believe it's going to be in the 70's :cool:

Should I wax the area on the window where the stciker will be going? >>> I wax my windows, which does the same as Rain-X!

· Registered
2,356 Posts
LX98Civic said:
OK, then apply the clear smooth side with the letters onto the car, and then follow the instructions that I and OhSoFast provided.. If I remember correctly, the letters don't really feel sticky, but they stick, don't worry.. :D

· Registered
1,668 Posts
LX98Civic said:

I think this is the way to put on this sticker!!

I'll give it a try tomm. I believe it's going to be in the 70's :cool:

Should I wax the area on the window where the stciker will be going? >>> I wax my windows, which does the same as Rain-X!
Yeah that's the way to do it - I've been vinyling cars for 5 years now. I've even COMPLETLY vinyled cars - - you can wax the surface if you want - you can wax the vinyl to give it a better shine even when its on your car.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F**k guys!!

I cleaned the windows and I can not figure out how the f**k these things go on :mad:

I peeled a good bit back and tried to peel the letters off the clear part. I have NO f**kin' idea how to install stickers. This is f**kin' sad and to top of off:

Went to Lowes to get some washers to even out my red / clear tails since one sits in a little more than the one next to it. F**kin' washers are too small and won't go over the threads. And I took one of the tails in with me :eek:

F**k, F**k, F**k!!!!!

But, it sure is a beautiful day outside :)

· Registered
83 Posts
Check it out man, before you blow a gasket...

Take a look at your stickers... ok, now put them on the table the way they should be on the car.. meaning that the letters should read as normal.. right

ok

Now, as you are looking at them.. the letters should have a cloudy paper over them right???

If so, then you need to peal off the back of them...

Now place the sticker where the cloudy side is down, and you should still have letters, and the cloudy side facing down... and the letters are now backwards....

Next, take them and place them on the window, or part of the car, where you want them.. and then after you got them all smoothed out, all air bubbles out...

start pealing the cloudy side of the sticker away..

be careful when you start getting close to the letters, when you do, you wanna make sure that the letters dont come up as well, if they do, then put them back down and smooth them out again...

When your all done, you should have just hte letters left.. nothing else,

Cool... hit me up with an e-mail... let me know you got it ok...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.