Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
a gsr, b16, or itr tranny would all help acceleration, and if you can find one with an lsd, more better. :D if you wanna raise the redline, get a chipped ecu, but dont take it above the stock redline cause you wont make much power up there anyway and the bottom end cant handle it.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
if you want to rev the b20 higher and do it the safe sure way...sleeve the block, forged pistons and rods, new bearings.
then have the had, cams and valvetrain redone for higher rpm power.
sure you could slap a b16a head on and rev to 8500 but you never know how long that will last.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
v4lu3s said:
if you want to rev the b20 higher and do it the safe sure way...sleeve the block, forged pistons and rods, new bearings.
then have the had, cams and valvetrain redone for higher rpm power.
sure you could slap a b16a head on and rev to 8500 but you never know how long that will last.
With all that work I might as well just do an ITR head swap?

Would a high flow oil pump replace the missing oil squirters?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
fivepointhustla said:
I want to get a b20z, but what would be the best tranny for acceleration and boost?

What can be done to raise the rpms?

for boost... i think LS tranny becuz it give time to spool up the boost... but GSR work well hehe my opinion dont get type r tranny becuz of the close ratio... to get higher RPM it basically get a new head but with the new head you got to re-enforce the bottom end as well.... so if you want your car to last do everything on the b20... dont take short cut... it will COST you!

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Re: Re: Need help, more confusion

JDMFreak said:
for boost... i think LS tranny becuz it give time to spool up the boost... but GSR work well hehe my opinion dont get type r tranny becuz of the close ratio... to get higher RPM it basically get a new head but with the new head you got to re-enforce the bottom end as well.... so if you want your car to last do everything on the b20... dont take short cut... it will COST you!
it would help with the turbo spooling, but your acceleration would still suck ass.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
fivepointhustla said:
So I would just be better off getter the b18b swap package? Or an h22 swap and go N/A.

it on what you perfer man NA? or Turbo? both motors are good for turbo...on the h22 there have been issue about the engine but not bad.... with upgraded suspension and you will do fine... and b18b is good for turbo? heard about cheesefrog (from Houston TX i think) bad ass setup b18b turbo non-vtec.... do a research and see what you like best.... some people want boost some people want all-motor what your perference? hhehe

JDMFreak

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.