Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the situation...

I have a Si front lip spoiler, cool, right? True it is, but the thing is Electron Blue Pearl and my car is Vogue Silver Metallic. My question and request is...Since it is a pretty small piece would it be hard for me to paint to match my car? And exactly what procedures must I follow. Remember I've never done this before..HELP!

· Registered
9,948 Posts
Either spend the extra over a can of paint and get it painted at a professional panel shop, or strip off the paint with plastic safe paint stripper. I wouldnt use those bottles of touch up paint with the brush personally....you see the brush marks.

· Registered
55 Posts
Well... dont use paint stripper to remove the paint. That crap works yes... but you shouldnt have to touch that ish. I would seriously take it to a shop... WHere they would sand it with 320.. or higher... ( maybe wet sand with 400 or Higher..all in shop preference) If they happen to use 320 they will you "sealer" to fill the sand scratches.. then apply the coats for paint... followed by clear coat. I seriously wouldnt try to do it any other way... If the shop is a good one.. and you want your color matched good. Then most shops now a day.. Have a camera that dupont makes called "chromavision" which takes a picture of your existing Paint And matches the color pigments almost exact. Color over the years fade... so the camera can actually give you a print out of the fadeded color. But remember its new paint and new clear, Its going to be a little bit different. But definetly not terribly noticable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.