Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning to buy some sprint springs that drop about 2.2. is it really bad for your car if you drop it that low? and does anyone have any steps i can follow to DYI preferably with pics please. thanks

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
wow.....maybe you should try to match the thread topic with the question next time!

also, use the search function. this has been covered PLENTY of times. but the quick answers are no, but other modifications are required and yes, but no pics.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have coilovers on my Accord and I have it lowered 4 inches right now. If you lower it over 2 inches, it will ride really rough and bottom out all the time. As long as you can accpet that you will be fine, and you need a camber kit and some stiffer shocks. We lowered my car in one afternoon and its not hard if you take your time and have a spring compressor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what would happen if i dont make any modifications and i just install the sprint springs? and is there a drop length that is safe for your car without any other modifications? thanks

·
Registered
968 Posts
if you do not change your struts/shocks you will blow out your stock ones.

·
Registered
293 Posts
And the insides of your tires will where down. Trust me man, its better to do it right the first time and spend all the money when you do it or else you will spend a lot more on it down the road replacing shit that you mess up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts