Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive put a h22 into a civic but i cant get it to start, (will not spark) ive tried everything, but theres an issue with the ecu and a cable from the distributor, on the prelude it goes from the distributor into the ecu then into the tach, i havent got a clue afterwards my car has been sitting there for 2months i really need help,

thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
the obd1 h22 you have to wire up a resistor box. theres like 5 wires 4 red black i think n one yellow and black. the yellow and black is your volt wire or something like that, and the other 4 go to your injectors. if you have aim or msn add me and i can explain more.. [email protected] or subydude616 for aim. k

·
Registered
475 Posts
if you have a 92-95 h22 then no it will not work w.o the resistor box...
you should b able to see the blue wire going to your distributor its one of the plugs with only 2 wires, its a blue wire and then a black and yellow wire. and the blue wire is wat controls you tach...you can probally pick up a resistor box from a junk yard just make sure it comes with the female end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theres two blue wires coming off the ecu, which one is it? where does the the blue wire connect into the tach? cab you be procise? pics if possible really need help, thanks p.s i have an automatic ecu and loom would this effect the car from starting?

thank you

·
Registered
475 Posts
your tach is controlled off your dizzy. there is a blue wire from your dizzy...what you can do it will be a pain in the ass, but trace it all the way back threw all your wiring and that will telll you, idk which blue wire it is in your ecu thats why im sayin you will prob have to trace it from the dizzy back..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was you on about the cable on the civic? ive routed the blue cable back to the ecu then from there it goes into the tacho????
i need to know which cable on the tacho it connects to???

i really apperiate all your help

where abouts do you live?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts