Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation: I have a b16A engine and tranny that came off a 94 civic dx. I now have a 1998 civic si.. My engine is out the wiring harness i have doesn't clip into the engine. Obviously the 94 wiring harness clips into the p28 ecu and b16a engine as it was there in the beginning.

What I need to know is: Which Engine harness do i use 94 or 98 si?
- also what else do i need to have because my 98 civic si has a 2 oxygen senseor OBD2 and my engine b16a is a obd1 how will that connect. Need helping wiring up the car from engine harnesses all the way to the ecu. Thanks for any replies in advance. Need assistance A.S.A.P

· Registered
5 Posts
OP, i assume this is what you mean: you have a b16a, not b16a2 from a 94 dx. i assume it was a swap because the dx obviously didn't come with a b16, especially an a1. and your trying to put it in a 98 civic si, which doesnt exist, and had to come with a d15 or d16. so that would be your problem if i understand correctly. you are trying to put a b-series in a d-series car. the harness from a 99-00 civic si may work for what your trying though its obd2, but i dont understand exactly what you have.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
:huh dude, if you want peeps who know what they're talking about to help you, you have to 1. know what you have(drive) and B. make it crystal clear as to what you're dealing with. and when you tell these guys you have a 98 si that's going to cause probs, it's only going to irritate people because they think A. you're trying to lie to them or 2. you really got yourself into something you have no business doing(which can be worse than lying in here sometimes) so take a deep breath and start over.

· Registered
57 Posts
lmfao

OP, i assume this is what you mean: you have a b16a, not b16a2 from a 94 dx. i assume it was a swap because the dx obviously didn't come with a b16, especially an a1. and your trying to put it in a 98 civic si, which doesnt exist, and had to come with a d15 or d16. so that would be your problem if i understand correctly. you are trying to put a b-series in a d-series car. the harness from a 99-00 civic si may work for what your trying though its obd2, but i dont understand exactly what you have.
good point... now what kind of 98 civic do you have?? if you have like a lx which is duel point fuel injected... which mean only have 2 injectors, then your gonna have to do some serious wire splicing and adding ^^' if it's a civic ex then it should plug right in... which b16 do you have? i suggest use the existing harness off of the b16 ( guessing it came with one ) get a obd1-obd2 converter.

make sure you get your facts streight before you venture any further.
or better yet.. go back to the guy you bought the motor from and grill him for all the information you need.. like how do i swap this into this. hahaha gl bro... let us know when you get more info.

better yet... take some pictures .. o0o0o0o i love pictures..^^
a list of pics to take..
1. engine
2. the harness. ( on the motor prefered )
3. the distributor and harness
4. the old 98 civic motor
5. naked pics of sunisa kim
you can get the first 2 in one shot.

dont question me just do it^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.