Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i bought a 93 civic a few months ago. d16y6 darton sleeves, 9.1.0 compression pistons, 62mm turbo, 1000cc injectors, 2 fuel pumps, ec tune.... ext... my problem is I went to drive the car last week and i got gas and as i was leaving the gas station i did a 2nd and 3rd pull car pulled fine(fully warmed up as well) and after getting on it the car started running like shit so i drove it home and parked it, few days later tried to drive it and it acted up at first then ran fine. after driving a hour or two it started acting up again, got home parked it next day i changed the plugs and got new gas(93 octane) and the car is still not drivable. basically what is happening is the car will warm up and idle fine afrs are normal 14-16 idle. then when i try to drive it as soon as i get into 10-0 vacuum the car bogs out. wont go into boost and will die out rite after trying to drive it. Idk if its a boost leak, the weather, the tune... any input will be great... thank you if you need any more info let me kno

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
hey guys i bought a 93 civic a few months ago. d16y6 darton sleeves, 9.1.0 compression pistons, 62mm turbo, 1000cc injectors, 2 fuel pumps, ec tune.... ext... my problem is I went to drive the car last week and i got gas and as i was leaving the gas station i did a 2nd and 3rd pull car pulled fine(fully warmed up as well) and after getting on it the car started running like shit so i drove it home and parked it, few days later tried to drive it and it acted up at first then ran fine. after driving a hour or two it started acting up again, got home parked it next day i changed the plugs and got new gas(93 octane) and the car is still not drivable. basically what is happening is the car will warm up and idle fine afrs are normal 14-16 idle. then when i try to drive it as soon as i get into 10-0 vacuum the car bogs out. wont go into boost and will die out rite after trying to drive it. Idk if its a boost leak, the weather, the tune... any input will be great... thank you if you need any more info let me kno
It's definitely not the weather.
Not a boost leak, but a possible vacuum leak. Check all your vacuum lines.

Check all the sensors too. Some people remove/disconnect sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts