Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently installed a skunk2 intake manifold on a 94 integra gsr.. swapped everything over plugged everything up.. but when i started it, it idled between 2000-2500 rpms (cold) so i turned it off checked everything again seems ok to me everything plugged in bolted on new gaskets, no leaks no where.. turn it on same thing happens.. this time i let it warm up and fully warmed it idles between 1500-2000 rpms... any ideas?? i need help.. :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh man. It happened to me but I don't know the exact way of telling/showing you what to disconnect on the car.

There is a small hose running along the back of the intake manifold between the actually manifold and the firewall connecting to a larger hose (small one coming from the right, larger one from the left). In my situation (exactly the same thing you are saying is happening) there are two hoses ( I think EVAP lines) that were connected together (one bigger going into one smaller) so what I did was disconnect the two lines and insert bolts into the holes that were about the same size and then used a zip tie/bracket to make sure there was a good seal between the hose and bolt. Do this on both ends and you problem should be fixed. :D :D

Man I hope that helps but I know it's just words, shit if I only had a digicam to show you a picture of what I did. IM me if anything or e-mail. [email protected].

·
Registered
386 Posts
If for some reason you dont need all the holes in our manifold (which you probably do) just cap them off with vacuumn caps. Make sure the hoesse are on tight and connected in the correct holes. Make sure the manifold uses a new IM gasket and TB gasket and make sure the TB gasket isnt upside down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Skunk2Integra said:
If for some reason you dont need all the holes in our manifold (which you probably do) just cap them off with vacuumn caps. Make sure the hoesse are on tight and connected in the correct holes. Make sure the manifold uses a new IM gasket and TB gasket and make sure the TB gasket isnt upside down.
With that said everyone that I know that has had a Skunk2 manifold installed on thier cars has had the same problem when the EVAP lines were connected.

The car had a very hash, loopy idle from about 1,500 to 2,500 rpm's. Once the line was disconnected and plugged problem was solved and everything worked fine. No check engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies.. but umm WhiteTegGSR i think what your talkin about is the 96 up gsr where the evap line is bigger than the vacuum line on the manifold.. i think.. not sure.. but kinda confused about your info.. oh yeah and also when i stomp on the gas, maybe up to half throttle.. it has this whistling sound.. i dont know could that be a sign of a vacuum leak? tryin to suck air through it? and umm there wouldnt be a possible way somehow i got the harness connections mixed up could i? i try to see if somehow i did but everything only reaches to that certain plug.. so i doubt it.. well thanks for the info im gonna try to clamp down and zip tie all vacuum lines and see wut happens... :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
illicit said:
thanks for the replies.. but umm WhiteTegGSR i think what your talkin about is the 96 up gsr where the evap line is bigger than the vacuum line on the manifold.. i think.. not sure.. but kinda confused about your info.. oh yeah and also when i stomp on the gas, maybe up to half throttle.. it has this whistling sound.. i dont know could that be a sign of a vacuum leak? tryin to suck air through it? and umm there wouldnt be a possible way somehow i got the harness connections mixed up could i? i try to see if somehow i did but everything only reaches to that certain plug.. so i doubt it.. well thanks for the info im gonna try to clamp down and zip tie all vacuum lines and see wut happens... :confused:
This was installed on a 2000 GSR so it is a different stock manifold but the problems you describe are the same that I encountered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.