Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am having issues. some people tell me that I can rebuild my engine and everything will be fine. Then on the other side, others tell me I should just get a new engine. My valves are starting to make a lot of noise which I just had adjusted like 2 days ago and yet again they are getting louder. If I do an h22 engine swap what will become of my 4ws will i be able to keep it, or do you think that i should just do a rebuild on my b21a1??

·
Registered
6 Posts
that sounds like your cams are starting to wear down and the lifters that are all free standing besides the camshafts, they may just have room to move around and tick. my little bastard started ticking over the winter and is just beginning the process. if the oil was neglected it couldve accelerated the normal process of wear. Instead of investing in a new engine maybe try to find camshafts first since thats an easy installation.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Okay so I am having issues. some people tell me that I can rebuild my engine and everything will be fine. Then on the other side, others tell me I should just get a new engine. My valves are starting to make a lot of noise which I just had adjusted like 2 days ago and yet again they are getting louder. If I do an h22 engine swap what will become of my 4ws will i be able to keep it, or do you think that i should just do a rebuild on my b21a1??
you know they never mad a prelude with 4ws and an h22a before :p

but seriously if you do an h-swap i'm sure you could find a way to make your older generation lude 4ws work.

Or you could just fix the head. it's not that hard to take a head off and address the valve train

1 - 3 of 3 Posts