Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing this small assignment at uni at the moment.... making a 60sec clip. I choose to do Integra ITR..... I put together a clip and a background music..... but I've been using the Microsoft Movie maker, not Premiere 6.0.... because i have no idea how to use it..... the question is:

By using Premiere, How do I mix my clip and background music together, so that the original sound from the clip will be completely covered by my own music.... (does it make sense?) :rolleyes:

well... any help is welcomed, or even point me to the right website where I can find help on how to use the program....

thanks....

· Registered
471 Posts
It's pretty simple, I take it you already know how the video and audio tracks work...if not it's pretty simple. You have two sections, the upper portion which is for the video, and the lower portion which is for audio. Each of these portions may have a couple lines so that you can blend sounds or video together.

Now onto your question...

You first need to seperate the video from the sound of your clip. You do this by dropping the clip into the project tracks. You'll notice that when you do this, you'll have two blocks, one in the video portion and another in the audio portion. Now you want to seperate that by right-click and select something that says Unlink video and audio (something to that effect). Once you have the video and audio unlinked, simply delete the audio portion, you'll be left with the video portion. Next, just drop in whatever kind of music you have. That's really it...if you have any questions let me know.

If you wanted to you could even lower the volume of the video clip and put the audio in...that way you can have the engine revving and stuff while the sound plays over that. If you're interested in that let me know and I'll type it out...

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man..... really appreciate ur help...

now I got rid of the original background sound... and exported the clip to avi file..... but there is NO sound at all... what happened to the music file i put into the Audio part :(

here is what's on my screen:

Video 2:
Video 1A: My Clip
Transion:
Video 1B:

Audio 1: My Background Music
Audio 2:
Audio 3:

is this right? how do I link the clip to my music? sorry to bother u...

thanks...

· Registered
471 Posts
EVO VI said:
thanks man..... really appreciate ur help...

now I got rid of the original background sound... and exported the clip to avi file..... but there is NO sound at all... what happened to the music file i put into the Audio part :(

here is what's on my screen:

Video 2:
Video 1A: My Clip
Transion:
Video 1B:

Audio 1: My Background Music
Audio 2:
Audio 3:

is this right? how do I link the clip to my music? sorry to bother u...

thanks...
Sorry for the late reply, well you got all the clips setup right; however, you want to check to make sure that you're exporting the sound. When you choosing a filename to export the project as, click the the settings button and check the drop down menu which has the sound properties...ensure that those are setup properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.