Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 EX Coupe, and I bought thre AEM pads that are supposed to work with my car, but for some reason when I put them on, and I drive it feels like they are always rubbing against the rotor. Actually they are, because the rotors overheat like crazy and then it smells really bad. Does anyone know why? It's like the piston is not retracting....but I put on my old pads and they work great. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
250 Posts
hmm sounds like maybe you have the wrong pads for your car?? When i put my aem pads on my accord they didnt rub at all, as for the smell that will go away after a few weeks of breaking the pads in. But if your certain that the pads are touching while your foot is off the brake pedal, you might want to get that checked out by a mech. I didnt have any problems what so ever, the pads went in like OEM, and yes i noticed a difference. The car would stop faster with less pedal effort, you could tell that the pads "grabbed" much better

·
Registered
250 Posts
that could very well be the case because on the 4 gen accords there are 2 different types of calipers, dont ask me why. But there different enough so that the different pads wont fit the other caliper. There is a Nissin and a Akebono caliper, i believe that the coupes and sedans have different ones depending on year. The 26-130 pads are for the Akebono caliper and the 26-115 is for the nissin caliper. You should call a Honda dealership and ask for the parts department, tell them the year model 2/4 door and they will know. good luck and that should solve the problem.:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DAMN it. I have Nissin, and I bought the ones for Akebono and now I freaking warped my rotors a bit and the're BREMBO's!!! So, anyone want AEM front brake bads that have been used for 2 hours??? They are AEM-26-130's.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yea i might want those pads, but i still have like 90% life left on my aem pads right now so it might take a while, as for the rotors being warped, i dont know, but if they are that really sucks, to ruin such good rotors. And the rotors on the accords 4 gen are a pain in the arse to get off!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh I know they are. BIG pain in the ass. Well let me know when you need them and I'll see if I'll still have them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts