Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 1994 accord w/ the f22a1. Its not passing emissions and I don't see any ODB to connect to in order to see whats up. The only engines ive worked on without some form of ODB is the old carbed V8's and they don't have to pass emissions.

One thing i noticed right away is that there is alot of ticking coming from the valves, I plan on checking the valve tension and adjusting it if needed. I know they are probably too tight, but would this alone cause it to not pass emissions. I didnt hear any rattling in the cat. converter, of course i didn't look to see if one was actually there either. that will be added to my list, check for cat.

any ideas would be awesome.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah, passenger side. that'd be why i couldnt find it.

one more thing. the odometer reads 188k miles but the guy thinks the previous owner might have put an engine in it. which it definitely looks that way, wires and stuff are routed half-assed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
do a search for EGR port cleaning, do this in addistion to cleaning EGR valve... with 188k they are prob clogged also do a good tune-up....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.