Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows how to use Flash I'm in need of some help.. I've got a menu bar where each button appears after the other.. I linked all these buttons to different parts of the site but when it loads it seems to click all the buttons and automatically go to page that the last button is linked to.. if anyone can help me out please do!!! Also.. when I load up the flash file and all the symbols I have to click each individual symbol to see what it does.. how can I have all of them loaded at once so that when I scroll the timeline it shows the entire project?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
to the first problem, is the button inside a movie clip? then you placed several movie clips on the scene and double-clicked each one to change the link? if this is true, then you have to know that you only have one movie clip, and although there are several instances of it, everything you change the link, you basically change the link in the source movie clip, and tha automatically changes it for all of them..

Depending how flash files are designed (sometimes also for security purposes) when you load up the main file, all you'll see is one frame. From what I've learned at a MX seminar is that this supposedly is the highest level of Flash making, where most, if not all, is controlled via actionscript. If that's how this one was created, you won't be able to stretch it out to see each object in separate frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts