Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bro has a 1990 integra that hes trying to sell....heres the problem, since he bought it the abs light in the dash has been on, theres nuthing wrong with it but a mechanic said that the switch for the abs just needs to be reset or switched (whatever you wanna say).

He just lost a buyer that put a payment down on it because this light being on scared the guy away, but theres nuttin wrong with it, it just needs to be reset..

My question is, how would i go about getting the light to go away and how would i reset the abs sensor or flip the switch, either way? The car is unregistered so we can't bring it to the dealership for them to do it so we need to do it ourselves, is this possible or no?

THank you guys in advance for your help and i hope i can do this.

PEace,
CroSsRoaDS

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he took it off the road when he got his new car, therefore he uninsured it and unregistered it to switch to his new car. I guess he figured he didnt really need two cars.

Anyone that can help please let me know what i can do.

Peace,
CroSsRoaDS

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you think that would work and fix the light? and if you do how would i go about doing this? im not familiar with integras so you guys gotta help me out with this.

PEace,
CroSsRoaDs

·
Registered
37 Posts
inside the engine there is a fuse box, should be on the left side, Pop that bad boy open and remove the 2 fuses on the top left corner. make sure if u have the stock stereo that u know the theft code or else ur screwed. all though i have no idea if this will help but it might? :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nov0798 said:
hmmmm,
my 91 teg was not offered with abs, are you sure your 91 was
it is a 90' and yeah im positive it has abs, the abs light is on i dont know why it would even be there if the car didn't have it....

About the ecu, do you think that this would reset the abs light or sensor that is causing the light to go on?

CroSsROaDs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.